This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chalet Suisse question

Post Thanks / Like
    Chalet Suisse is a must-do for me every trip. I agree it is a bit dated, but I think that is part of it's charm as it really is an old-school fine dining restaurant. I've never had a bad meal and usually opt for the rack of lamb, but I've also had the duck and have tasted a few of the others.
    Last edited by mvosilla; 01-06-2020 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are all wonderful. We have added it to our dining list for April. I am really looking forward to a "new" Aruba trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    While we are talking about Chalet Suisse, Mamas Food truck is located across the street a bit. Great cheap picnic Lunch take-away spot on the beach. Always a must do for us.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had some great meals at Chalet Suisse over the years. I have never tasted a juicy tender NY Strip like at CS. Usually that cut of meat can be tuff but it really depends on the quality of beef, if its aged etc and I heard they import quality meat from the states. Last time I ate there I had the lobster thermodore and it was to die for. Basically it's a large lobster tail that is stuffed with filing, cheese but it all blends well. They have the seafood chalet which is an appetizer of yummy all sorts of seafood in a white sauce. They have good quality wines, they make great Martinis, Manhattans, great bartender. For dessert I love their chocolate mouse but they have the usual cheese cake, tiramisu, apple strudel etc. Ive had them all and now I need to lose the pounds! LOL Make sure you review the bill because they do add a 15% service charge so you don't want to end up overtipping like I did once leaving 20% when I was charged 15%.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ace.

Post Thanks / Like
    We dined there last August. It is old school but the food was great. The schnitzel was so good with a side of mushroom gravy that I loved. Hubby had another veal dish he enjoyed. I had peach melba for dessert which you never see served anymore. I asked for the honeymoon seat and it was a little more private. Give it a try.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Sue! Maybe our paths will cross this summer again.

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be great Jay.
    0 0