This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flying Fishbone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrid23456 View Post
    Approximately what might a dinner for two cost?
    We just ate there a couple weeks ago and for two of us with drinks for both, dessert etc. it was roughly $265.00.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We were there last year and for three of us with drinks and tip it was $340.00.
    Last edited by schexc; 04-15-2019 at 05:58 PM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    ....you could add Pincho's and Elements to your considerations.
    Elements does not take reservations for groups larger than 6 and does not accept cash, but dinner is fabulous.

Flying Fishbone is one of our most memorable experiences for an anniversary dinner. Good choice, phrogg108.
    I thought Barefoot was perfect for a group.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads up. That' one healthy bill for two people- $265.00! We would rather skip the meal and spend another night in Aruba. LOL
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 3

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. That' one healthy bill for two people- $265.00! We would rather skip the meal and spend another night in Aruba. LOL
    Sean and Susan
    Us too, Sean!

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Sean and Susan
    Honestly, so would we. My in-laws were gracious enough to pay for our meal that night because it was our wedding anniversary dinner and they arranged it ahead of time, to our surprise. We got handed a nice card when we got there that said our meal was going to be taken care of by them. Once we found out the total, we agreed we would probably not go back again. In all honesty, our meal at Madam Janette's was also expensive, but not THAT expensive and we decided at MJ's that we would only go there sparingly, if ever again. The Flying Fishbone was good, but it was not $265.00 good. Both our meals were around $50, we each had drinks and dessert. With that and an 18% tip, it added up fast.

Heck, I would rather go to Local Store 5 times over than go back to Flying Fishbone and spend that kind of money! It was a wonderful evening and a VERY nice gesture by my in-laws, but there are a lot of other places we decided we would rather go than there for that kind of cash.
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree

Great gift though!!

Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Honestly, so would we. My in-laws were gracious enough to pay for our meal that night because it was our wedding anniversary dinner and they arranged it ahead of time, to our surprise. We got handed a nice card when we got there that said our meal was going to be taken care of by them. Once we found out the total, we agreed we would probably not go back again. In all honesty, our meal at Madam Janette's was also expensive, but not THAT expensive and we decided at MJ's that we would only go there sparingly, if ever again. The Flying Fishbone was good, but it was not $265.00 good. Both our meals were around $50, we each had drinks and dessert. With that and an 18% tip, it added up fast.

Heck, I would rather go to Local Store 5 times over than go back to Flying Fishbone and spend that kind of money! It was a wonderful evening and a VERY nice gesture by my in-laws, but there are a lot of other places we decided we would rather go than there for that kind of cash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I agree

Great gift though!!
    It was very thoughtful of them and VERY much appreciated!! Next year, we are going to have them sign us up for burgers at Local Store every day instead. Hahahaha!!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great surprise anniversary gift! Love it!!!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We ate there about 2 weeks ago and it was wonderful!! I can't remember what the bill was, but it was expensive. There were 4 of us and each of our meals was delicious. It was worth the drive and the money. The last time we were there was about 15 years ago, but it lived up to my memory.
    0 0