This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying Fishbone - Who's been?

Post Thanks / Like

Flying Fishbone - Who's been?

Maybe not the right place in the Forum to ask this, but has anyone eaten at Flying Fishbone lately? Is its still as good as its reputation has been? Is it worth going there for dinner? Apparently they require a Credit Card deposit for reservations per person. We are considering making this one of our dinners during our trip next week, so I just wanted to check with all here for your opinion. Thanks.
    Brian

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Brian & Ann,
    Thanks for starting your trip report - I look forward to reading about your days in paradise under the beautiful sunshine of Aruba. Congratulations on the vaccines. That must be a wonderful feeling to prepare for your first vacation as a vaccinated individual. I imagine it will feel like you have your own "secret service" team of antibodies boarding the airplane with you and I imagine that will be such a liberating experience.
    My husband and I were on the island for a week in September and again in December and we dined at Flying Fishbone both times. They continue to do an amazing job at that restaurant (delicious food, colorful cocktails, safe environment) and I highly recommend a reservation there.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We were there for the first time a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris, thanks for the update and review of Flying Fishbone. I think we will definitely now make a reservation there for this trip.
    Yes, it will be a good feeling traveling after being vaccinated. Being from the NJ/ NY area we are still very diligent and continue to wear masks, avoid crowded places when distancing isn’t possible and stay outdoors as much as possible. The hours in the airports and flying are the biggest challenge of the upcoming trip but we are certainly up for them in exchange for a week back in Aruba! I will keep all posted on our trip report, starting with our Covid test results and ED card completion before we go. Thanks!
    Brian

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop-pop Brian View Post
    Maybe not the right place in the Forum to ask this, but has anyone eaten at Flying Fishbone lately? Is its still as good as its reputation has been? Is it worth going there for dinner? Apparently they require a Credit Card deposit for reservations per person. We are considering making this one of our dinners during our trip next week, so I just wanted to check with all here for your opinion. Thanks.
    Brian, this is the perfect place to ask this question.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Brian, this is the perfect place to ask this question.
    Thanks to Andrea moving this thread to here! LOL. Thanks all.
    Brian

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We tend to go at least once year and especially if somebody in our circle is on island for the first time. It's wonderful: staff, food, setting. One thing we've started doing is going to FF early to catch the sunset - you just move pre-dinner cocktails up and hour. The struggle is real.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We go on occasion but usually with friends and not for a romantic dinner. We had been going there since around 2000 when there were just a few tables on the beach and such a romantic place. Now there are a lot of tables too close together and the romance of a quiet couples dinner is gone. But the food is pretty consistent and we do still go - just not on every trip and usually with another couple to enjoy a dinner together.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020 -- 41st trip to Aruba: Feb & March 2021

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Amy, Thanks for your responses. I think we are going to switch our Restaurant Anno 1877 dinner to Flying Fishbone for our party of 5.
    Brian

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Amy, Thanks for your responses. I think we are going to switch our Restaurant Anno 1877 dinner to Flying Fishbone for our party of 5.
    I do like the food better at Anno 1877 but it is inside dining only there.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020 -- 41st trip to Aruba: Feb & March 2021

0 0