This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: food truck

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OneHappyTraveler View Post
    We went to the truck a year ago...waited over half an hour and never even got to order. Other customers even asked if they took our order we said no . We waited at the counter alitte while more no one acknowledged us so we just left. Really wanted to try it cuz we had heard it was really good. Diane

We had a similar experience in Hawaii. We went to a local joint for authentic Hawaiian food. It was one of those places where you order at the counter. We were treated like we were invisible. It was obvious by looking at us that we weren't locals. They waited on everyone else before they took our order. We waited it out and it was worth it, but it was very uncomfortable.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We stopped by there once to look at the menu. The people were very nice and said they would pretty much accommodate whatever it was we wanted.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    someone made a posting on the Lacabana FB group page about their great experience at the Food Truck.
    I made mention of this thread here on aruba.com/forum and got a couple of responses.
    Here is one:

I believe that the story was correct, as the same thing happened to me.The difference was that I wasn’t offended.

I politely told him that this was our first time and he started to explain what he makes. He then noticed for loca
    ls they’re on their lunch hour. Ask them in Papiamento What they wanted, and they responded. He started their food cooking their food and then turned around and spent five minutes describing his lunches.

When he handed us our food he said that the pork is delicious too and gave us a few strips for free to try.Could not have been nicer, more polite, or generous.

We sat at his picnic table and he came over to ask how we liked it. Sat down I am told us his life story. Once we realize that we both had a history in motorcycles the talk went on for 45 minutes.

I could have been offended , but I realize that workers only have a certain amount of time for lunch. We had all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    someone made a posting on the Lacabana FB group page about their great experience at the Food Truck.
    I made mention of this thread here on aruba.com/forum and got a couple of responses.
    Here is one:

I believe that the story was correct, as the same thing happened to me.The difference was that I wasn’t offended.

I politely told him that this was our first time and he started to explain what he makes. He then noticed for loca
    ls they’re on their lunch hour. Ask them in Papiamento What they wanted, and they responded. He started their food cooking their food and then turned around and spent five minutes describing his lunches.

When he handed us our food he said that the pork is delicious too and gave us a few strips for free to try.Could not have been nicer, more polite, or generous.

We sat at his picnic table and he came over to ask how we liked it. Sat down I am told us his life story. Once we realize that we both had a history in motorcycles the talk went on for 45 minutes.

I could have been offended , but I realize that workers only have a certain amount of time for lunch. We had all day.
    Thanks for sharing.
    1 0