This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you like your fish? What kind of fish?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a huge fish fan, but I do like grouper, snapper, wahoo. I don't like it fried-needs to be grilled or baked. We had something in Alaska that was good, but I don't remember what it was. Not a fan of salmon but my younger son loves it so I make it for him.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Love Haddock. Grouper. Red snapper
    Mainly white fillet. I can eat it grilled, lightly fried
    Then get in rare mood for cod fish and fries with malt vinegar and tarta sauce
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Barracuda is a nice meaty fish. When I go deep sea fishing in Aruba, all the boat captains fight for the barracuda. In the States, you don't eat barracuda because they are full of mercury. But in Aruba, the water is so clear and clean, you can eat the barracuda. If you ever see it on the menu, try it. Its really good.
    And when people say the fish is fishey, most of the time its because its not fresh. If you get fresh fish, it should never be fishey.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Bob! I think I may give it a try when I'm there in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent-ArubaBob View Post
    Barracuda is a nice meaty fish. When I go deep sea fishing in Aruba, all the boat captains fight for the barracuda. In the States, you don't eat barracuda because they are full of mercury. But in Aruba, the water is so clear and clean, you can eat the barracuda. If you ever see it on the menu, try it. Its really good.
    And when people say the fish is fishey, most of the time its because its not fresh. If you get fresh fish, it should never be fishey.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I like my fish in a fish tank. I like the ones that have lots of colors #notafishlover
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I love most fish. Mahi, tuna, and grouper are my favorite, not necessarily in that order. I like tuna raw or seared, but most others I prefer grilled. I thinking breading and deep frying takes away from fish, but it's the only way I will eat catfish. My husband's favorite way to eat fish is in ceviche.

A favorite fish at home is rockfish, otherwise known as striped bass in some area. My hubby is going spear fishing for flounder this week. The best fish is fresh fish.

I like salmon but my husband does not so I usually only have it if we are at a restaurant.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 0

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saltwater Blackfish and freshwater Walleye. Grilled or fried. When on Aruba I tend to go for grilled Wahoo
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that you'd say "on a hook at the end of the line"

Quote Originally Posted by coldsteel337 View Post
    Saltwater Blackfish and freshwater Walleye. Grilled or fried. When on Aruba I tend to go for grilled Wahoo
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I like my fish grilled, especially Flounder, Grouper and Barracuda. But my guilty pleasure is deep fried catfish. When I was younger, after church our family would go to a catfish farm in the mountains of North Carolina that had a small restaurant. The catfish was fried and served whole ala Andrea's picture of the Red Snapper. I remember my grandmother taking a napkin and covering the fishes head. Said she loved the meal, but couldn't stand the catfish staring at her while she ate.
    How do you like your fish?  What kind of fish?-f505e23b-3166-4c98-b9de-d6a59ca151e8-jpg
    Smoked catfish caught while visiting daughter at Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    How do you like your fish?  What kind of fish?-f505e23b-3166-4c98-b9de-d6a59ca151e8-jpg
    Smoked catfish caught while visiting daughter at Florida
    Interesting, I'd certainly try it.

0 0