This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Kibaima Grill

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    655
    Post Thanks / Like

    Kibaima Grill

    Good food, very good service, lovely setting. I had the barbecue. Chicken leg, ribs, sausage. Came with a serving of beans, pasta salad (very good ...not floating in mayo), half an ear of grilled corn on the cob, and a mini arepia. Husband had grilled grouper...lightly battered, funchi fries (regular fries or white rice were other choices) and veggie was carrots. Shared an order of calamari first (ok, not my fav) a glass of wine and a hot tea.....$55 and change before tip.

    Kibaima Grill is where B55 was a few years ago. At the roundabout where Balashi and power plant are off the first right.... take the third right off roundabout ...pass by the out door movie theater....a little further down the road...on the right side of the road ...can't miss it.

    We love the setting....hillside of cactus. Covered roof but open on one side and you get a lovely breeze. There is also fully outside seating with direct view. We were there this evening and got a great view of the planets from their parking lot...no obstructions.

    Thanks to Karin from Germany....we had forgotten the location and didn't realize it had reopened! We will go again!

    kibaimagrill.com
    3 1
     

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    43,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    OH BOY...I miss the old B55............I hope this place is successful and will be there in 18 mos.
    $55 plus tip for both of you?

    Is Karin still on island?

    Is that drive in movie theater open?

    Quote Originally Posted by annf View Post
    Good food, very good service, lovely setting. I had the barbecue. Chicken leg, ribs, sausage. Came with a serving of beans, pasta salad (very good ...not floating in mayo), half an ear of grilled corn on the cob, and a mini arepia. Husband had grilled grouper...lightly battered, funchi fries (regular fries or white rice were other choices) and veggie was carrots. Shared an order of calamari first (ok, not my fav) a glass of wine and a hot tea.....$55 and change before tip.

    Kibaima Grill is where B55 was a few years ago. At the roundabout where Balashi and power plant are off the first right.... take the third right off roundabout ...pass by the out door movie theater....a little further down the road...on the right side of the road ...can't miss it.

    We love the setting....hillside of cactus. Covered roof but open on one side and you get a lovely breeze. There is also fully outside seating with direct view. We were there this evening and got a great view of the planets from their parking lot...no obstructions.

    Thanks to Karin from Germany....we had forgotten the location and didn't realize it had reopened! We will go again!

    kibaimagrill.com
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    6,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the menu.
    https://uqr.to/npa7

    It looks good Ann. Thanks.

  4. #4
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    7,103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great tip.... and wonderful menu. The tiramisu certainly caught my attention!
    A wise man never knows all......only fools know everything!
    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    7,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear this, I was a fan of B55 also. Menu looks great!




    I want to grow my own food, but I
    can't find any bacon seeds...
    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    43,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many years ago we had an Aruba.com/forum meet/greet/dinner @ the B55.
    We were a group of 20.
    It was a very good night!!
    I had just started Dr Atkin's diet and I remember my plate of delicious carbs....rice, plantains and fries along with a curry chicken that was out of this world.
    I never forgot that meal.
    Sadly, 5 of the people that were part of that group are now deceased.


    Thank you Annf for the information on the new place!!
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    655
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, Yes $55.74 (plus tip) total for both of us! Karin on island until Tuesday. I do not know if the drive in functions anymore. We also loved B55. Really enjoy the setting here and were happy the food was good enough to encourage our return!
    1 0
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    3,341
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    OH BOY...I miss the old B55............I hope this place is successful and will be there in 18 mos.
    $55 plus tip for both of you?

    Is Karin still on island?

    Is that drive in movie theater open?
    Not sure of the exact timeline, but I think the Drive In was remodeled and opened shortly before the pandemic. Once that hit, it dissolved again.




    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    1 0
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Not sure of the exact timeline, but I think the Drive In was remodeled and opened shortly before the pandemic. Once that hit, it dissolved again.
    They brought the drive-inn back specifically because of COVID at the time theaters were closed. It was to give the community the ability to go do something, but still be safe as you would be required to remain in the car. It was nice for a while and brought back memories for many people, but in the end the drive-inn did close for a reason back then, so it wasn't going to be sustainable for long when things started getting back to normal.
    1 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •