This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lima Bistro Aruba

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I don't think that we intend to give it a black eye or a thumbs down.
    We've actually talked to quite a few restaurant owners, drivers, island people that are wary of the forum because of questionable postings or one-off interactions that might have become blown way out of proportion. "The forum crazy people..." Somebody said that to me not knowing that I was, in fact, one of the forum crazy people.

I've been guilty of this - we had a TERRIBLE time a Madam Janette's years ago and I was certainly vocal about it (service, food) much to the chagrin of the owner at the time and quite a few forum members who love it. And when I've called out certain restaurants about, in particular, service, I've heard from quite a few managers and owners to drill down on issues so they can improve.

And, yes, I've also read some pretty vitriolic postings about restaurants on the island where it was obvious the forum member had unrealistic expectations of a business and felt they didn't get the royal treatment - in particular, new places that were just getting their legs.

I think constructive criticism is fair - especially if you let them know in person and not just trash a place on the forum.

Two cents deposited.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    We've actually talked to quite a few restaurant owners, drivers, island people that are wary of the forum because of questionable postings or one-off interactions that might have become blown way out of proportion. "The forum crazy people..." Somebody said that to me not knowing that I was, in fact, one of the forum crazy people.

I've been guilty of this - we had a TERRIBLE time a Madam Janette's years ago and I was certainly vocal about it (service, food) much to the chagrin of the owner at the time and quite a few forum members who love it. And when I've called out certain restaurants about, in particular, service, I've heard from quite a few managers and owners to drill down on issues so they can improve.

And, yes, I've also read some pretty vitriolic postings about restaurants on the island where it was obvious the forum member had unrealistic expectations of a business and felt they didn't get the royal treatment - in particular, new places that were just getting their legs.

I think constructive criticism is fair - especially if you let them know in person and not just trash a place on the forum.

Two cents deposited.
    When we try new place or even a few of our repeaters, we go with an open mind and set the expectations bar on the lower side. Which is probably why we've never been to a place that we wouldn't give another try. However, if we were fine dining, we'd raise the expectations bar a bit and hope to receive what was paid for. We're easy going and just enjoy the fact that we are able to enjoy our later years on the island. It's all good...

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely not trying to give this restaurant a black eye! We personally prefer to know what a restaurant is serving before dining. I would hate to sit down in a restaurant, look at the menu and then get up and leave because I didn’t care for the options. For example, we do not eat fish so if the menu is primarily seafood it wouldn’t be a good fit for us.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    All good points. Even if we see a menu somewhere, and it does not have prices we walk on by. Aruba is so much fun for us, but its not cheap flying, hotels ect.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Lima' s new website is (finally) up. Here is the food menu.

https://www.limabistro.com/the-food/
    2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by annf View Post
    Lima' s new website is (finally) up. Here is the food menu.

https://www.limabistro.com/the-food/
    Thanks for the link. The menu looks good with a nice variety and prices seem reasonable. Glad they decided to post the menu!! I think it will drive more people to their restaurant.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Ann!!!
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0