This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Made a Restaurant List for our trip

  1. #1
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    34,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Made a Restaurant List for our trip

    Here are our “restaurants” for our trip at the end of Nov.
    Bavaria
    Ricardos
    Alfies
    Chophouse
    Terrazza Italiana (rooftop PBV)
    Italy of the World
    Taste My Aruba

    Well, the list is made, I wonder if we will stick to it?
    0 1
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you’re like us and get to 50% of your choices that’s pretty good. I know the places we will definitely get to; Chophouse, Casa Nonna, and Lucy’s. I would like to try Melt Away, go back to Ricardo’s and get pancakes at the Dutch Pancake House. We’ll see!!

    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Posts
    2,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peg, is Lucy's downtown across from the casino? we thought we would try that, too, seems like a nice casual place. Italy of the World is very good but very small portions (especially for an italian restaurant and especially for pasta) but the owner is a doll

  4. #4
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    4,309
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Here are our “restaurants” for our trip at the end of Nov.
    Bavaria
    Ricardos
    Alfies
    Chophouse
    Terrazza Italiana (rooftop PBV)
    Italy of the World
    Taste My Aruba

    Well, the list is made, I wonder if we will stick to it?
    Did you guys make it to Lucky Luciano's back in May?


    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,944
    Post Thanks / Like
    We’ll probably make it 2-3 of those this trip too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Here are our “restaurants” for our trip at the end of Nov.
    Bavaria
    Ricardos
    Alfies
    Chophouse
    Terrazza Italiana (rooftop PBV)
    Italy of the World
    Taste My Aruba

    Well, the list is made, I wonder if we will stick to it?




    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    34,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes...we Liked the Pizza at Lucky Lucianos but would be hard pressed to get Paul back in there.
    they had no beer and no wine at the time.(blamed it on god know what)
    per Paul...what is pizza without beer?
    we were annoyed.
    he won't return.

    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Did you guys make it to Lucky Luciano's back in May?
    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Peg, is Lucy's downtown across from the casino? we thought we would try that, too, seems like a nice casual place. Italy of the World is very good but very small portions (especially for an italian restaurant and especially for pasta) but the owner is a doll

    Yes, Lucy’s is across from the Crystal. We have enjoyed it. The nachos and coconut shrimp are good. It’s nice that it’s all open and you can watch the comings and goings of the boats.

    0 1
     

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    If you’re like us and get to 50% of your choices that’s pretty good. I know the places we will definitely get to; Chophouse, Casa Nonna, and Lucy’s. I would like to try Melt Away, go back to Ricardo’s and get pancakes at the Dutch Pancake House. We’ll see!!
    I cannot recommend Melt Away highly enough!!! I’m still thinking about the cheesy mushroom appetizer we had in August, and trying to recreate it. Debbie’s tip—the truffle fries dipped into the sauce from the mushrooms is EPICALLY delicious!

    And, if you do fondue, the red grapes dipped in the fondue are delicious!
    0 0
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EveryAugust View Post
    I cannot recommend Melt Away highly enough!!! I’m still thinking about the cheesy mushroom appetizer we had in August, and trying to recreate it. Debbie’s tip—the truffle fries dipped into the sauce from the mushrooms is EPICALLY delicious!

    And, if you do fondue, the red grapes dipped in the fondue are delicious!
    It was the comments in your trip report that had me putting Melt Away on our to try list!!

    0 1
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,036
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Here are our “restaurants” for our trip at the end of Nov.
    Bavaria
    Ricardos
    Alfies
    Chophouse
    Terrazza Italiana (rooftop PBV)
    Italy of the World
    Taste My Aruba

    Well, the list is made, I wonder if we will stick to it?
    ….betcha you do at least 5 of the 7!
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •