Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
you can put it here and I will copy it also to the culinary section!
yum!!
As requested, here is my version of the MoomBa Beach Bar Coconut Rum Shrimp. My notes are in blue, as I had to translate the recipe, convert from Metric to Imperial, and then scale down the quantity. I've made this a few times, and it is equally good with shrimp or chicken. MoomBa serves it as an appetizer. If I make it, we'll usually serve over a jasmine rice.

Coconut Rum Shrimp
Serving 4 people
Ingredients :
20 shrimp 16/20 peeled

Coconut sauce : ½ recipe
7.5 ounces (215 g) coconut cream 3.75 ounces
1 cup heavy cream (200 ml) 6.75 Tbls
½ cup whole milk (100ml) 3.4 Tbls
½ cup white rum (100ml) 3.4 Tbls

Corn starch

Instructions
Gather all the ingredients. Combine the coconut sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan. Heat the sauce, when the sauce is hot, use the corn starch to make it creamy (think they mean thick. I used 1 TBLS of cornstarch in slurry. Put it back in the saucepan, let and let it come up to a boil.

Put the shrimps in a frying pan cook until spotty brown and edges turn pink. I dredged in cornstarch, but you could skip if you wanted to and just pan sauté without.

Take 4 small plates and place the 5 shrimp on each plate, make some drops of avocado on each plate, (I don’t like avocado, so I completely skipped this part)pour the sauce on the shrimp and finish it with the coco rasp and enjoy (I think coco rasp is shredded coconut, which is served in the restaurant)

I also added a few grates of freshly ground nutmeg, because coconut cream and nutmeg just go hand in hand.