This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Never again at Passions

  1. #11
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    4,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I am suppose to dine there tomorrow night and I am now more than concerned- I am leaning towards canceling at this moment but time will tell.
    Dinner was a totally different experience for us. We enjoyed it and the service was better.
    Always planning our next trip
    0 0
     

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Zeerovers, San Nicolaas, Malmok, Arashi
    Posts
    1,209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Dinner was a totally different experience for us. We enjoyed it and the service was better.
    Tracey....which experience did you have first? The dinner or the lunch? We too had dinner there. I rate it as low average in comparasion to other places we frequent.
    0 1
     

  3. #13
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    4,763
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was never overly impressed with Passions.... good food, service and atmosphere.... but not world class (IMHO) and don't need to do it again. Cannot belive the amount of people Passions serves from that tiny little kitchen shack. Regarding the beach bar..... couldn't get over the flies there mid-day the week we stayed at Amsterdam Manor.
    0 0
     

  4. #14
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    4,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Tracey....which experience did you have first? The dinner or the lunch? We too had dinner there. I rate it as low average in comparasion to other places we frequent.
    We had the dinner first, on one of our very first visits, so it's been a while. The lunch was a couple years ago and there was a clear difference in the service.


    They really seem like 2 different restaurants from lunch to dinner
    Always planning our next trip
    0 0
     

  5. #15
    Senior Member GETA62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    We have been 4 times previously. It really bothers me how they can run such a dishonest operation and get away with it
    We never been there. How they can stay in the business for so long, while other, better ones are going out of business?

  6. #16
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are 3 reasons, location, location, and location.

    Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    We never been there. How they can stay in the business for so long, while other, better ones are going out of business?

  7. #17
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    4,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    I was never overly impressed with Passions.... good food, service and atmosphere.... but not world class (IMHO) and don't need to do it again. Cannot belive the amount of people Passions serves from that tiny little kitchen shack. Regarding the beach bar..... couldn't get over the flies there mid-day the week we stayed at Amsterdam Manor.
    We couldn't get over the smell. It's no fault of the restaurant but the day we were there, the nearby treatment plant was putting out a horrible smell, comparable to what it would be like to eat your lunch in an outhouse. That was in the bar area, and since we don't rent a car it's not worth a taxi ride to go back only to have that same experience. My comments on the lunch service had nothing to do with the smell, it was poor service and over priced sandwiches with or without the smell.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 02-21-2017 at 01:12 PM.
    Always planning our next trip
    0 1
     

  8. #18
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    4,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    We never been there. How they can stay in the business for so long, while other, better ones are going out of business?
    It really is a nice romantic setting on the beach for dinner.
    Always planning our next trip
    0 0
     

  9. #19
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,135
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was an absolutely amazing venue for one of my best friends' wedding. Service, food, atmosphere all top notch!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0
     

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Zeerovers, San Nicolaas, Malmok, Arashi
    Posts
    1,209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    It was an absolutely amazing venue for one of my best friends' wedding. Service, food, atmosphere all top notch!
    Jacki....was this recently?
    0 0
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •