This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: New Restaurant - La Trattoria

Post Thanks / Like

New Restaurant - La Trattoria

From the owners of Wilhelmina, Maroc, and Carte Blanche - opens October 15th and is located in the same building downtown. Looking forward to trying it in a few weeks! We love all of their restaurants!

https://latrattoriaaruba.com/
    ~Amy~® -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019 -- 39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019 -- 40th trip to Aruba: April/May 2020

1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Amy - do you know if Wihelmina will be moved mainly to the courtyard or if they will continue to have inside seating too? We loved the courtyard but had to move inside for a rare evening rain shower.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good. Amy, you'll have to report how it is!
    However, does anyone think as I do that Aruba is reaching capacity for Italian restaurants?!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Wilhelmina will still have inside and outside dining.

As far as Italian restaurants in Aruba...I haven't found one that I truly like yet that is authentic Italian. Only go to one on occasion if we're getting tired of the usual fish and meat but I wouldn't rate any of them that highly. We shall see how this new place compares. I did think the pasta prices were rather high but I guess it will depend on quality.
    ~Amy~® -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019 -- 39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019 -- 40th trip to Aruba: April/May 2020

0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with "authentic Italian" is each family, area, dialect cook italian food different. In northern Italy, they cook one way, in Naples another and in Sicily another. So what is authentic italian to one person may not be authentic italian to another. We are Napolitan and my SIL is Sicilian so she makes things different then my mom and my aunts. When it comes to authentic italian, there really is no answer except we do NOT put pineapple on our pizza, lol, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    The problem with "authentic Italian" is each family, area, dialect cook italian food different. In northern Italy, they cook one way, in Naples another and in Sicily another. So what is authentic italian to one person may not be authentic italian to another. We are Napolitan and my SIL is Sicilian so she makes things different then my mom and my aunts. When it comes to authentic italian, there really is no answer except we do NOT put pineapple on our pizza, lol, lol.
    True! I have been to various parts of Italy several times and the food is different in each region. However, what they cook in Aruba is more like American-Italian. It's okay, but not great.

0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    true in some places. like when i had fettucine alfredo at Barney's, I don't know what part of Italy that was suppose to come from. It was the worst fettucine i ever had. I think Terrazza is very good. We are spoiled, we don't buy pasta, we make our own. We don't order pizza, we make our own. You couldn't buy pasta in my family, it was unheard of or order pizza, you made your own. For us, it was a rare treat to have chinese food, lol

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barneys was similar to my mom's fettuccine ( a Irish woman who could not cook anything Italian)

IMO Terraza is very authentic.
    We plan on Italy of the World on this trip.

I would imagine that La Trattoria will be successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    true in some places. like when i had fettucine alfredo at Barney's, I don't know what part of Italy that was suppose to come from. It was the worst fettucine i ever had. I think Terrazza is very good. We are spoiled, we don't buy pasta, we make our own. We don't order pizza, we make our own. You couldn't buy pasta in my family, it was unheard of or order pizza, you made your own. For us, it was a rare treat to have chinese food, lol
    0 2