This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Old Man and the Sea

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Old Man and the Sea

https://www.arubaoceanvillas.com/?fb...SMZNIv7PVIEZsY

https://www.facebook.com/pg/arubaoceanvillas/about/?ref=page_internal

We went to OMATS restaurant many years ago with our friends Sherry and Murray (rip)
    It get almost no publicity or reviews.

It is located at Aruba Ocean Villas in the Savaneta area of Aruba

I think that the OMATS restaurant has been DOWNSIZED considerably over the last few years as the Ocean Villas (over the water ) have been created.

Have any of you been to OMATS within the last 2 or 3 yrs?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was planning on trying OMATS when we are there in a few weeks. We stay at Club Arias so we are pretty close. We're gonna try and eat closer to home so we don't have to fight all the traffic.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I just made reservations for September 12th. I'll let you know how it goes. The menu is small but Aruban fish soup sounds good!
    1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi steeler would you also give an update/review of club arias?
    Paul and I have wanted to give this place a try....we have met with arias a few times, have had superb pizza there and really want to give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by steeler1975 View Post
    I was planning on trying OMATS when we are there in a few weeks. We stay at Club Arias so we are pretty close. We're gonna try and eat closer to home so we don't have to fight all the traffic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely. We stayed there three years ago on our first trip. Only because it was inexpensive for the week. We stayed at the Driftwood Gardens part of the property for a couple nights. As an anniversary gift, my in-laws upgraded us the the nicer rooms. Arias and his wife Flory were very nice and accommodating. Flory scoured the island for us and got us a very nice gift basket that included cheese, crackers, fresh fruits (even genips which she had a very difficult time finding). We rented a car from Arias for $200 for the week (he is no longer renting vehicles). We spent a lot of time on the property. We basically had it to ourselves as they weren't very busy that time of year (September). We also took the sunrise tour with Arias. We had an amazing time with him. He really loves the island. Can't say I blame him.

I'm hoping we have the same pleasant experience as we did in the past. We liked that the property is far away from the hi-rise section but traveling there can be a nightmare at times. I'm concerned about our upcoming trip with all the construction I'm hearing about.

I
    1 0