This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our Restaurant Choices

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kemperato View Post
    I have vowed to hubs not to overbook for our relaxing anniversary trip coming up next week so our only reservation is private dinner at elements for our actual anniversary. That said, I am looking forward to dragging him to our favorites Yemanja, Azzuro, bingo and legends. ☺️ New ones that are still on my list to try are Wilhelmina, Gostoso and Alfies - hope to make it to one and the others will wait til May.
    That private dinner at Elements will be so special! I'm sure you will have a wonderful anniversary.

I was bugging Jon about our schedule and some of the things I want to do and he said "can't we just wait and see what we feel like when we are there?". Um no, do you even know me at all???? Lol.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I have vowed to hubs not to overbook for our relaxing anniversary trip coming up next week so our only reservation is private dinner at elements for our actual anniversary. That said, I am looking forward to dragging him to our favorites Yemanja, Azzuro, bingo and legends. ☺️ New ones that are still on my list to try are Wilhelmina, Gostoso and Alfies - hope to make it to one and the others will wait til May.
    Have a fabulous anniversary trip and all your dining selections are great.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, I hope this trip will be better than the last and I am sure it will be. Your restaurants look wonderful. Being there 15 nights is so nice. I know you will have a grand time.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Anniversary!!! I'm sure you will love Elements. It's perfect for an anniversary.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks sue!

Post Thanks / Like
    What a terrible 4 days illness that must have been. Any chance it was caused by a food-born bug? Are there any particular must-not-eats on the island?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    After seeing pictures of Linda Pancakes I may have to try that some year. DH would totally love those pancakes.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Linda Pancakes is good. I also really like the Dutch Pancake House which is downtown and may be more convenient.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Wilhemina is fantastic but it is pricey. Their other restaurant Maroc (next door) is really good and reasonably priced. Mediterranean Tapas and no reservations needed.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am unsure if it was a stomach bug or food related. I am leading to food born.
    My husband and I had been out that evening for dinner, i had chicken sate' and he had some kind of a pork schnitzel dish.
    Then to Marriott to gamble and my stomach started feeling kind of weird.
    Back to our timeshare and all hell broke loose.
    Never in my life had i felt as bad.
    I was in the bathroom for the better part of that night and most of the next day.

(anyone remember college drinking years? remember being so sick that you made "deals and promises with God?" well during those first 24 hrs with the illness, I was back making deals and promises)

By day 4, I was able to stay away from the bathroom for more than 2 hours at a time and was able to drag my sorry fatness to the lounge under the umbrellas by the pool.

I am choosing not to mention where i had eaten that evening. If it was not food poisoning, then I would be making a great error by mentioning the name of the restaurant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason D View Post
    What a terrible 4 days illness that must have been. Any chance it was caused by a food-born bug? Are there any particular must-not-eats on the island?