This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 81

Thread: Recipes

  1. #71
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,137
    Post Thanks / Like
    He uses 1/2 C. sugar when he makes cornbread at home (1 C. flour, 1 C. corn flower etc)

    Dh suggests 1/4 C. canola oil as well so it does not crumble.

  2. #72
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,430
    Post Thanks / Like
    awesome.
    thanks
    i will use those guidelines.
    i have never made cornbread in my life, but have to run to PUBLIX shortly and figured
    "why not?"
    thx
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

    0 0
     

  3. #73
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,137
    Post Thanks / Like

  4. #74
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    7,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was just looking through this very old thread and all the interesting recipes. I also like to buy the Aruba calendar every year as each month has a recipe.

    0 0
     

  5. #75
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,430
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahaha ironic that you were looking at this old thread.

    I have been weeding thru some very old threads and archiving them. (not this one)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I was just looking through this very old thread and all the interesting recipes. I also like to buy the Aruba calendar every year as each month has a recipe.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

    0 0
     

  6. #76
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    7,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hahaha ironic that you were looking at this old thread.

    I have been weeding thru some very old threads and archiving them. (not this one)
    Kind of think this thread is a keeper. There have been a few times I’ve gone back to look at the recipes. Right now I think that cashew cake sounds good!

    0 1
     

  7. #77
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,570
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, my favorite beverage is created as follows. First you need an 8 oz glass filled with ice to the brim. You then add Bacardi till the glass is 90% full and you add a splash of diet coke. You now have my Bacardi recipe that 99% of people would hate, lol.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.








    0 2
     

  8. #78
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of our standouts is Madame Janette’s warm focaccia, and we were so disappointed that they no longer serve it! Anyone have the recipe?
    0 0
     

  9. #79
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,430
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    I am shocked that MJs stopped serving that wonderful bread.
    when were you there last?

    Quote Originally Posted by jac88kies View Post
    One of our standouts is Madame Janette’s warm focaccia, and we were so disappointed that they no longer serve it! Anyone have the recipe?
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

    0 0
     

  10. #80
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! We visited Janette's on June 2. We asked our waiter about the change, and he said it was a cost saving measure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    I am shocked that MJs stopped serving that wonderful bread.
    when were you there last?
    0 0
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •