This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restaurant Shaming and Reviews

Post Thanks / Like
    His funniest review that I recall was of 2 Fools and a Bull. That one was taken down, but was hilarious while it lasted. I don’t recall if it was Shamed or not.

PS...we do miss his postings too!

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Here is the link to the McDonalds review: McDonald's Seroe Blanco - November 2016

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Great post Tracey as well as the replies. I sometimes feel as though (some folks) put down "all inclusive resorts" which I do not enjoy reading. I have for this reason not posted as much as I feel I do not have much to offer. I sometimes feel all inclusive is thought as "cheap" and believe me it really isn't, I think some people would be surprised at how much we spend for our resort and airfare. I love all inclusive for a lot of different reasons, to each their own. We usually go to a nice restaurant or 2 per visit as well as activities and different places for happy hour, not to mention visit downtown. I feel we contribute to Aruba's economy while still staying at an AI resort. The majority of folks are great but every now and then I read a post of why would you ever do all inclusive when their are so many great restaurants. Not everyone goes on vacation to eat (lol) at fancy restautrants.
    That's a great point, and I'm glad you left a comment. People can be quick to say "don't go all-inclusive", but like you said if your trip isn't about going the dining experiences, there is something to be said for the convenience of restaurants and bars being right there on site. Its just another reason that Aruba has something for everyone. We put a lot of effort into staying on budget while making sure we have the food and drinks we want to make our vacation what we love. If I was a first timer, or a honeymooner coming off the heels of the stress of wedding planning and last minute excitement of the day, or someone who just doesn't want to think about where I'm getting my breakfast or taking a trip to the grocery store, then AI would appeal to me. And I've heard good things about some of the restaurants in the AI resorts.
    We did Holiday Inn all inclusive on our first trip. We had a couple good meals at their beachfront restaurant and beach bar, but that wasn't the highlight of our trip by any means, but we fell in love that trip with Aruba and keep going back anyway. I often look at the DIVI sales to see if it makes sense for us. Our trips for the next couple years will most likely be a strict 7-8 day trip, AI appeals to me so that we don't lose time away from the beach unless we really want to. Time will tell!
    Always planning our next trip
    1 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was a wonderful FUNNY review and it broke all of the rules.
    I took it down
    wrote to Act and told him how much I loved it and loved his writing.
    I felt badly taking it down.

I still have it and if you'd like to see it, I can send to you by message.........only if you are not easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    His funniest review that I recall was of 2 Fools and a Bull. That one was taken down, but was hilarious while it lasted. I don’t recall if it was Shamed or not.

PS...we do miss his postings too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice post Tracy. I agree wholeheartedly. I don’t think this forum ever shames anyone for a review of dining. It is so true that everyone has their own likes and dislikes so please don’t judge.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Great post Tracey as well as the replies. I sometimes feel as though (some folks) put down "all inclusive resorts" which I do not enjoy reading. I have for this reason not posted as much as I feel I do not have much to offer. I sometimes feel all inclusive is thought as "cheap" and believe me it really isn't, I think some people would be surprised at how much we spend for our resort and airfare. I love all inclusive for a lot of different reasons, to each their own. We usually go to a nice restaurant or 2 per visit as well as activities and different places for happy hour, not to mention visit downtown. I feel we contribute to Aruba's economy while still staying at an AI resort. The majority of folks are great but every now and then I read a post of why would you ever do all inclusive when their are so many great restaurants. Not everyone goes on vacation to eat (lol) at fancy restautrants.
    Thanks for your post. You should most definitely make your own choice whether it is all inclusive or not. Start posting more. I have not been posting very much lately. It is nice to hear from you.
    Last edited by Sue M.; 04-16-2019 at 08:08 PM.
    1 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know why anyone would think an all inclusive is cheap. That is like when I got married and had a cocktail buffet for the reception instead of sit down. they thought it was cheaper. It actually was so much more because they had non-stop food and tons of it. It would have been cheaper to do ala carte sit down.

Everyone knows the way they are and which suits them better. We do not eat out fancy, don't really do it at home unless an occasion. We are more casual type people. When our friends come, we do go to some of the "fancier" places and enjoy them immensely, most of them. but we are there for a long time, 5 weeks. We stay in alot, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    That's a great point, and I'm glad you left a comment. People can be quick to say "don't go all-inclusive", but like you said if your trip isn't about going the dining experiences, there is something to be said for the convenience of restaurants and bars being right there on site. Its just another reason that Aruba has something for everyone. We put a lot of effort into staying on budget while making sure we have the food and drinks we want to make our vacation what we love. If I was a first timer, or a honeymooner coming off the heels of the stress of wedding planning and last minute excitement of the day, or someone who just doesn't want to think about where I'm getting my breakfast or taking a trip to the grocery store, then AI would appeal to me. And I've heard good things about some of the restaurants in the AI resorts.
    We did Holiday Inn all inclusive on our first trip. We had a couple good meals at their beachfront restaurant and beach bar, but that wasn't the highlight of our trip by any means, but we fell in love that trip with Aruba and keep going back anyway. I often look at the DIVI sales to see if it makes sense for us. Our trips for the next couple years will most likely be a strict 7-8 day trip, AI appeals to me so that we don't lose time away from the beach unless we really want to. Time will tell!
    Oh my, this is Us. We like good food, but we are not fussy. If we are in Aruba we want the pool and beach, so we don't want to worry about getting to and from a restaurnat. My hubby is a retired truck driver and on vacation he still does not want to drive, so we try to keep some trips in place where no driving for anyone is possible. AI is the answer.

I belong to a Disney message board and for a while the restaurants board was pretty mean spirited. My Dad was a chef and a darn good one, so I know fine dining and I know that there is more to good food than fancy pants plating. He never turned his nose up at any local specialty and for him the more simply prepared the better. He taught us to appreciate that we all have different preferences, and that there are times when an egg sandwich was the best meal ever! That was his dinner when he got home late from work, and boy, it tasted good!

The nasty comments on that board used to bother me a lot because it is so disrespectful to yuck someone elses yum. A comment liek that was just about the only thing that got you tossed from my Mom's table, and it would get you tossed from mine as well.

0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    You are so right, AI is not cheap by any means. There is no way we could afford AI for three weeks in Aruba, I'd have to mortgage the house...

1 1