This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Restaurants charge a SHARING charge?

Post Thanks / Like
    Since my comment in another thread brought up this subject a couple of days ago, I will "weigh in" with my perspective. I had gastric bypass surgery about 15 months ago for various health reasons. I'm doing great and have lost more than 100 pounds in that time. Due to the surgery, I just can't eat very much and i NEVER order an entree by myself. Luckily my wife and I like many of the same things and we ALWAYS order an entree to share (be it at home or away on vacation). Even with splitting an entree, we usually don't finish the entire portion. Over the course of this time, almost all restaurants have gladly accomodated us both in the US and away from home in many places. The only place we have had an issue with restaurants charging sharing charges has been in Aruba. Besides MJ, Azzuro also has a sharing charge which they enforce (but interestingly, Gianni's part of the same group does not).
    As for an additional side order, we don't want the extra food either, because its wasted. At some places I have ordered an appetizer instead of an entree and this never seems to be an issue.
    Brian

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop-pop Brian View Post
    Since my comment in another thread brought up this subject a couple of days ago, I will "weigh in" with my perspective. I had gastric bypass surgery about 15 months ago for various health reasons. I'm doing great and have lost more than 100 pounds in that time. Due to the surgery, I just can't eat very much and i NEVER order an entree by myself. Luckily my wife and I like many of the same things and we ALWAYS order an entree to share (be it at home or away on vacation). Even with splitting an entree, we usually don't finish the entire portion. Over the course of this time, almost all restaurants have gladly accomodated us both in the US and away from home in many places. The only place we have had an issue with restaurants charging sharing charges has been in Aruba. Besides MJ, Azzuro also has a sharing charge which they enforce (but interestingly, Gianni's part of the same group does not).
    As for an additional side order, we don't want the extra food either, because its wasted. At some places I have ordered an appetizer instead of an entree and this never seems to be an issue.
    Congrats on the weight loss! My wife went through the same thing many years ago and still doesn't eat even a small portion of her meal. She will usually order off of the appetizer menu or she has a ton of leftovers which I get to have for lunch. We really like Bingo in Aruba for their menu option of small or large plates.