This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Restaurants During our Stay May 1 - 15

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Restaurants During our Stay May 1 - 15

If I am ever able to post photos of some of these delicious meals, I will.
    I have notified the webmaster about the difficulties of posting photos and hopefully he will get the glitch fixed.

Hung Paradise........@ the Seaport Marketplace.........usually our 1st and last night restaurant.
    On our first visit we both had the wonderful tomato soup and Paul had a loempia and I had steamed veggies on lomein.
    I was falling asleep at dinner and ordered a cup of coffee.
    Note to self.........never order coffee here again. Yuk.

Our last night on the island dinner.......he had the tomato soup and I had the hot and sour soup.
    we shared veggies and lomein and an order of beef something with rice.

Both times we were there, the cost was very reasonable.

Lucky Luciano....on Palm Beach Rd across from Lindas Pancakes.
    We went with our friend Amy S. and had a wonderful dinner. Laid back, comfortable and terrific pizza and calzones.
    Sadly, they had run out of beer (I know how bizarre is that) but we enjoyed our pizza and calzone with Coca Cola
    I do not remember the price but it was very inexpensive.

Bavaria..... We went to Bavaria 2x. Once with our friends Kathy, Bill and Stella (from the forum and Animal Relief Foundation Aruba)
    We had chicken schnitzel and white asparagus and delicious German beer. The 2nd time we went was with Peg and Tom (Pegmeister) and again we had schnitzel and white asparagus.......Paul ordered from their Thai menu....yup they have Thai food at a German restaurant on select nights.
    We had a wonderful dinner in spite of the corny singer we tried not to make eye contact with.

LaVista @ Marriott.... we dined there on Mother's Day and it was just ok. Maybe because it was Mother's Day and it was crowded was the reason I gave it a "meh". It was buffet and we had a nice salad, fair shrimp, fair prime rib and ok veggies.

Local Store......We had a meet and greet at Local Store and it was fun....and the food was good. I had a burger and Paul had wings. Both good.
    Inexpensive

I have got to go back to my trip report to see if I skipped any place.

If I can post photos at another time, I will!

Post Thanks / Like
    You had some good eats It is always fun trying to decide where to go to eat next. We have had very few not so good experiences which is a plus. I always like to read where others dine and how they enjoyed it. There are certainly plenty of great restaurants to choose from. Thank you for sharing.
    Last edited by Sue M.; 05-24-2019 at 09:46 PM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see a lot about LaVista. Is it always a seafood buffet or do they do theme nights on different days? Have you found the quality of seafood up to par?

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that the seafood buffet is on Thursdays and it is $70 pp

We had planned on Ruth's Chris but then I was whining (just a bit) that I wanted fish and not steak....so we cancelled the Ruth's Chris and went to LaVista.

Their salad was fabulous, the sushi excellent, the shrimp were dry and almost had a grainy texture........the "grouper" well when I asked I got the wink and the smile. their oysters were good, Paul's prime rib was dry, and the veggies were very salty. (they always have a few seafood items on their regular menu)

We'd probably go back as we were blaming the "meh" on it being Mother's Day and maybe all was not up to par due to the crowds and overworked staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I don't see a lot about LaVista. Is it always a seafood buffet or do they do theme nights on different days? Have you found the quality of seafood up to par?

Post Thanks / Like
    We enjoy LaVisata for breakfast but do not like it at all for dinner. The salad bar is very nice but the food...I will use Andrea's description and say meh. We tried it twice...the price was right so we gave it a second chance but wont be doing it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    They used to have Seafood night, Italian night, etc. We like the breakfast buffet but weren't thrilled with the dinner offerings.

https://www.marriott.com/hotel-resta...online-menu.mi