This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restaurants to visit in October

Post Thanks / Like
    My sister and brother in law(who had an Italian mother who made great food) loved the Italian place on the roof top of Paradise Villas(next to la cabana).
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terraza Italiana. That place has awesome lasagna.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayshea View Post
    My sister and brother in law(who had an Italian mother who made great food) loved the Italian place on the roof top of Paradise Villas(next to la cabana).

Post Thanks / Like
    Casa Nonna gets my vote. The pasta and service are out of this world excellent IMO.

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning on this beautiful Sunday Morning,

Restaurant choices are pretty subjective, but here are some mentions from me.

You have the restaurant at the California Lighthouse on your list. A great choice and I'll relate our experiences there a couple of times. We were there on three different occasions, all of them at the noon hour for lunch. The food was very good, the views were spectacular and the service was pretty good. It can be a little pricey. The only downside is the that every fly in Aruba seemed to make its way to our table. It can really ruin what should be a lovely lunch.

Sol Mare and Gianni's have both been mentioned here. Owned by the same family, we found the food and service at both very good but the atmosphere at each very different. Sol Mare was quiet, with low ceilings, carpeting, table cloths and upholstered chairs. All sound-absorbing materials and combined with low-lighting create the right ambience for a quiet dinner.

Gianni's is, comparison, cavernous with high ceilings, no carpeting and lots of hard surfaces. Sounds bounce off everything. You can hear ice cubes clinking or someone stirring their coffee "way over there". In short, it is noisy.

Enjoy and have fun.

Glenn
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a gorgeous summer day here in CT as well although very humid. Could use some of those Aruba tradewinds. LOL!
    Couldn't agree with you more, Glenn, about Gianni's. Food and service were good but was very difficult to converse with all the noise. I have yet to make it to Chalet Suisse but it is definitely on my bucket list for next year so will look forward to future reports!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Always love Madame Janettes.. miss Chez Mathilde,,,such elegance! We also love chalet Suisse, everything done to perfection. We were disappointed in Casa Nonna. Went there last fall expecting a wonderful dinner. They had a big group there and when they came inside from the patio, they were like a herd of howling hyenas. Our dinner was ruined. These people were yelling so one could be heard of another.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh. we love Casa Nonna
    that situation must have been terribly frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhoffdhoff View Post
    Always love Madame Janettes.. miss Chez Mathilde,,,such elegance! We also love chalet Suisse, everything done to perfection. We were disappointed in Casa Nonna. Went there last fall expecting a wonderful dinner. They had a big group there and when they came inside from the patio, they were like a herd of howling hyenas. Our dinner was ruined. These people were yelling so one could be heard of another.