This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Restaurants "worth the trip"

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Restaurants "worth the trip"

There are some restaurants that are just "worth it!!!"

Here are 2 that pop into my head immediately.

O'Neills Caribbean Kitchen and Fish House Island Bar and Restaurant.

O'Neils is not to far past the San Nic Police station.
    The Fish House is located WEST of the airport at Varadero Marina/Boat Yard.

If I can get maps posted, I will.....Having difficulty posting photos and screenshots.

What restaurant(s) do you think are worth a little bit of a drive?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Restaurants "worth the trip"-screen-shot-2019-09-14-9-49-41-am-jpgOniel Caribbean Kitchen San Nicolas

Restaurants "worth the trip"-screen-shot-2019-09-14-9-48-24-am-jpgThe Fish House Restaurant and Bar (near airport)

Post Thanks / Like
    Casibari Café. Great lunch and dinner for very reasonable prices. http://casibaricafe.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Saco di Felipe in San Nicolas, Petjes at Tanki Leendert and Bright Bakery at Piedra Plat
    0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchdushi View Post
    Saco di Felipe in San Nicolas, Petjes at Tanki Leendert and Bright Bakery at Piedra Plat
    Good afternoon everyone,

Andrea, this is a great thread. You are right, sometimes you find these gems that take a little bit of effort to find. They involve an extra bit of driving or perhaps they are largely unknown because they are not in the glossy brochures you find at the airport and elsewhere.

Dushi, you mentioned Petjes in Tanki Leendert. What kind of cuisine do they serve? Dutch? Aruban? It sounds intriguing. We will be in Aruba in October and we would like to try Petjes.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    these gems do indeed take a little effort, but so well worth it.

I am usually the designated driver, not because I don't drink, it is because Paul hates driving (especially in Aruba) and I am a lousy passenger.

I don't mind schlepping down to San Nic to give Oniels a try in late Nov.

We did scope out the Fish House when we were in Aruba in May and will add that to our list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good afternoon everyone,

Andrea, this is a great thread. You are right, sometimes you find these gems that take a little bit of effort to find. They involve an extra bit of driving or perhaps they are largely unknown because they are not in the glossy brochures you find at the airport and elsewhere.

Dushi, you mentioned Petjes in Tanki Leendert. What kind of cuisine do they serve? Dutch? Aruban? It sounds intriguing. We will be in Aruba in October and we would like to try Petjes.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.facebook.com/PetjesAruba...type=1&theater

here is Petjes facebook Page showing the menu.

I hope that Dutch Dushi can and will tell us more.

Is this the former location of Amadeus?

Post Thanks / Like
    Petjes is where the Aruban Chef used to be, three or four doors from the former Amadeus restaurant. They serve Indonesian food, the real stuff. Very good quality. It is packed with local people. They did only lunch in June, but I somewhere did read that they started to serve dinner on Friday. They are closed in the weekends. I highly recommend them. They also have some Surinam food that is really good. Oh, and the sandwiches... yum!
    1 1