This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Restaurants you miss?

Post Thanks / Like
    None - all the restaurants that we have really enjoyed over the years are still going! Either we didn't get out enough, or we got really lucky

Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    None - all the restaurants that we have really enjoyed over the years are still going! Either we didn't get out enough, or we got really lucky

I think you were really lucky!! Nice to see you posting. Hope all is well!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Even though it was only open a short time, we will be Old Dirty Bird tacos. Hopefully we will catch one of their pop ups, but it was a great option for lunch and walkable from the low rise hotels.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    every so often they run a pop up at Scott's Brats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Even though it was only open a short time, we will be Old Dirty Bird tacos. Hopefully we will catch one of their pop ups, but it was a great option for lunch and walkable from the low rise hotels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back in the early 1970's, one downtown restaurant stood out, The Talk of The Town, owned by Ike Cohen. The boutique hotel is still there but I never heard anything about why or when the restaurant closed. We ate there several times and it was outstanding. Mr. Cohen also developed Manchebo Beach Hotel in 1966 (hence, "Ike's Bistro.) The taxi from the Divi Divi was only a few bucks.

Rhys
    0 1

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    We miss Legend's. Great hanging out place with great food. Oh, in case anyone was interested, Azzurro's is still requiring a credit card as my friend tried to make a reservation. She opted out of doing so. Too many great restaurants in Aruba. That's one thing about Aruba, they sure have enough places to eat from expensive to casual to beach shack type of places. They have restaurants for everyone's budget

Post Thanks / Like
    We miss Legends too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Back in the early 1970's, one downtown restaurant stood out, The Talk of The Town, owned by Ike Cohen. The boutique hotel is still there but I never heard anything about why or when the restaurant closed. We ate there several times and it was outstanding. Mr. Cohen also developed Manchebo Beach Hotel in 1966 (hence, "Ike's Bistro.) The taxi from the Divi Divi was only a few bucks.

Rhys
    I agree 100%. On my first visit to Aruba in 1972 we went to the Talk of the Town for dinner. After that night, it was so good that we went back every remaining night of that trip. Still the best steak that I ever had. After it closed, we continued to go the the French Steakhouse that was also owned by Ike Cohen. Some of the staff from Talk of the Town, like the maitre de Chris, wound up working at the French Steak House. Found out a couple of years ago that Chris had passed away.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Another restaurant that we really liked that closed about 20 years ago was La Paloma. It had a very large cactus out in front of the restaurant.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you remember when at the French Steakhouse....if one ordered the "ambassador special" or maybe other kind of steak entrees they'd ring the bell and say Oooo La La?

does anyone know who now owns Talk of the Town?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    I agree 100%. On my first visit to Aruba in 1972 we went to the Talk of the Town for dinner. After that night, it was so good that we went back every remaining night of that trip. Still the best steak that I ever had. After it closed, we continued to go the the French Steakhouse that was also owned by Ike Cohen. Some of the staff from Talk of the Town, like the maitre de Chris, wound up working at the French Steak House. Found out a couple of years ago that Chris had passed away.