This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ricardo’s

Post Thanks / Like

Ricardo’s

We walked over for lunch today. I wanted to try their coconut scallops someone posted about awhile back. They weren’t on the menu so I decided to ask if they were available for lunch. The waitress checked and said yes they could do it which of course, made me happy. I was expecting a somewhat different dish though, based on what I read online but it really was good. What I got was a combination of scallops and shrimp in a coconut cream sauce. While the scallops were good the shrimp was fabulous. Surprisingly the price was just $13. Even wine was just $6 a glass which seemed like a bargain based on other places we have dined
    0 0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    oooooo i am salivating!!!
    sounds delicious.

$6 for a glass of wine in aruba is a bargain.

Peg, did you and tom rent a car for any time during this trip?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We walked over for lunch today. I wanted to try their coconut scallops someone posted about awhile back. They weren’t on the menu so I decided to ask if they were available for lunch. The waitress checked and said yes they could do it which of course, made me happy. I was expecting a somewhat different dish though, based on what I read online but it really was good. What I got was a combination of scallops and shrimp in a coconut cream sauce. While the scallops were good the shrimp was fabulous. Surprisingly the price was just $13. Even wine was just $6 a glass which seemed like a bargain based on other places we have dined

Post Thanks / Like
    No car rental. I would like to but Tom just is not comfortable with the idea. It didn’t help the argument when we saw that bad accident by the Alhambra so taxis it is.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds different from the coconut scallops I've had from their dinner menu which wer large scallops fried in something like a panko and coconut breading. They were excellent!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love those scallops and shrimp, sounds very yummy. Anything coconutty (is that a word?) bring it on

0 2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am the one who mentioned the scallops and my scallops were how Kemperato described. I think you got scallops in the the shrimp dish which I also like. I have never tried ordering this at lunch but that price is awesome-I think it’s 28-30 dollars at night!
    0 1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kemperato View Post
    That sounds different from the coconut scallops I've had from their dinner menu which wer large scallops fried in something like a panko and coconut breading. They were excellent!
    What you had sounds like what I thought I would get! No complaints though. They used small bay scallops that has been sautéed and topped with sauce. The shrimp were a nice size. Plus they were willing to accommodate with something not on the menu.
    0 0 0