This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: The Secret Garden

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

The Secret Garden

The Secret Garden

https://thesecretgardenaruba.com/about/
    https://www.facebook.com/thesecretgardenaruba/

Click the links for information

The owners of HollyWood Smokehouse have a wonderful little gem on their property.
    (Yes Hollywood Smokehouse still does catering and pop ups)

The Secret Garden................is a garden restaurant, in a neighborhood downtown.
    The owner/manager has arranged for visiting chefs to come in and do a Price Fixe event.

I'd like to be able to say that I'd report on it in May, but a prolonged dining experience is not something that my husband and I like to do.
    We went to an unbelievable high end very pooooolonged dinner at a restaurant outside of Napa California and when we got into hour #3 we really began to get antsy.

In Aruba, we are very happy with casual and meals that generally don't linger into 2 hours!

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds interesting. The only thing I would be unsure of is the communal tables.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The chef at Papillon is one of the participants.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We are already booked for March with Chef Erwin (chef from Screaming Eagle and a good friend). The communal tables have been changed to your own table now due to Covid.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020 -- 41st trip to Aruba: Feb & March 2021

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just dined here last night with Chef Erwin - the food and setting were both amazing!

You do have your own separate table for your own party now due to Covid. Lovely atmosphere. There were only 3 tables last night (they keep the numbers limited) and they were spaced well so that it seemed like your own private dining experience in a beautiful garden. We had everything from pumpkin soup with scallions and bacon, shrimp tempura, steak tartar, fresh catch of the day, and chocolate Panna Cotta. Loved every bite and the wine pairings were spot on!
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020 -- 41st trip to Aruba: Feb & March 2021

1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    Just dined here last night with Chef Erwin - the food and setting were both amazing!

You do have your own separate table for your own party now due to Covid. Lovely atmosphere. There were only 3 tables last night (they keep the numbers limited) and they were spaced well so that it seemed like your own private dining experience in a beautiful garden. We had everything from pumpkin soup with scallions and bacon, shrimp tempura, steak tartar, fresh catch of the day, and chocolate Panna Cotta. Loved every bite and the wine pairings were spot on!
    Sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing how they have made the chef's table experience safe.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Amy - thanks for the intel... was it similar to "Kitchen Table" and "White Modern" (way back when it was at the mall)? Tapas-style, little plates?

Now I'm craving a mango mojito....
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Hey Amy - thanks for the intel... was it similar to "Kitchen Table" and "White Modern" (way back when it was at the mall)? Tapas-style, little plates?

Now I'm craving a mango mojito....
    5 courses with optional wine pairings for an additional charge. Yes, similar size to the old White Modern.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like

Amy and Andrea, thanks for the tip. We just booked here for April 1 when Chef Erwin will again be the guest chef. Tina, was prompt in responding to my email with questions. It sounds like a very unique experience. I will report our experience after the dinner.
    Thanks again.
    Brian
    Brian

0 1