This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Sweet Peppers (Palm Beach)

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet Peppers (Palm Beach)

I may be the only one here (maybe not) who really LOVED this place. One of my favorites. They appear to be closed down. That's too bad, but I don't think they were ever busy even during "normal" times. Every time I went (during August & November), there were either very few or no other guests dining. I think they had a great menu and the service was always fantastic. Their location in the mall (upstairs) facing the area close to the Holiday Inn allowed for a great view of the sunset and for people watching.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember how excited we were when they moved Sweet Peppers from Caribbean Palm Village over to the Palm Beach area. We had always wanted to try it, but never made it over to their original location. We went to the Palm Beach location once - I remember thinking we liked it, but it wasn't something we felt like we needed to keep going back to. What I really remember about them was their facebook posts showing their weekly karaoke dance parties. Unfortunately the one night we stayed up late enough to check it out, there was no crowd and it was dead.

Don't quote me on this, but I am thinking Sweet Peppers was at one time ran by Ricardo's sister. When Ricardo opened Oak, I think she went to Ricardo's at Aruba Beach Club. I am pretty sure it was all the same family. I think the Palm Beach location had a lot of potential but also a lot of competition and with the pandemic, I can imagine these businesses are all struggling.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that you are right re: the familial relationship of Sweet Peppers, Oak and Ricardos.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I remember how excited we were when they moved Sweet Peppers from Caribbean Palm Village over to the Palm Beach area. We had always wanted to try it, but never made it over to their original location. We went to the Palm Beach location once - I remember thinking we liked it, but it wasn't something we felt like we needed to keep going back to. What I really remember about them was their facebook posts showing their weekly karaoke dance parties. Unfortunately the one night we stayed up late enough to check it out, there was no crowd and it was dead.

Don't quote me on this, but I am thinking Sweet Peppers was at one time ran by Ricardo's sister. When Ricardo opened Oak, I think she went to Ricardo's at Aruba Beach Club. I am pretty sure it was all the same family. I think the Palm Beach location had a lot of potential but also a lot of competition and with the pandemic, I can imagine these businesses are all struggling.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. Their website now directs you to the Ricardos website.

0 0