This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Tulip.....will they reopen?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Tulip.....will they reopen?

Their FB response to this questions is they are "hoping" to reopen within a few months.
    The does not sound especially positive.

We always loved Tulip and hope they can reopen.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Tulip too! Hoping they can bounce back.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too. They do clean it area daily.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am wondering if they are limited open for the MVC guests?
    (coffee, muffins continental breakfast kind of thing)
    I would imagine they do clean as the MVC Eagle Beach is open.......or so I believe it is open....maybe I am wrong.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Both MVC and Tulip are closed until further notice / until the tourist numbers increase. Any guests that previously booked at MVC will be upgraded to Amsterdam Manor for now. It doesn't make business sense to operate two resorts (and restaurants) with the current low occupancy rates on the island.

I attended a lovely wine dinner at Tulip when I was on the island in November. It was a special event sponsored by a wine company and Amsterdam Manor and it sold out. So they will continue to use the space on an "as needed" basis.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020 -- 41st trip to Aruba: Feb & March 2021

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update Amy. I went to the MVC website a few days ago to price some dates in May for additional days in case I exchanged a stay at La Cabana Thurs to Thurs or Friday to Friday. The website gave the impression that they were opened and was even allowing me to reserve. I email Christy on Facebook but she never responded. A few months back Christy did tell me Tulip was closed.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Thanks for the update Amy. I went to the MVC website a few days ago to price some dates in May for additional days in case I exchanged a stay at La Cabana Thurs to Thurs or Friday to Friday. The website gave the impression that they were opened and was even allowing me to reserve. I email Christy on Facebook but she never responded. A few months back Christy did tell me Tulip was closed.
    They are allowing bookings and hope to reopen soon when there are enough guests to warrant opening back up. Until then, you would automatically receive an upgrade to Amsterdam Manor. We visited Christy and her husband when we were there in November (went to their house to see her amazing vegetable garden) - they are doing well and keeping busy with gardening and a new addition to their home.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020 -- 41st trip to Aruba: Feb & March 2021

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks! We've stayed at Oasis the last few years and love walking over there for breakfast.
    0 0