This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Twist of Flavor

Post Thanks / Like

Twist of Flavor

We’ve been here a few times as it’s convenient to Manchebo. It never really wowed us, mostly because of lackluster service but we gave it another shot today. Lunch started with the same inattentive service but then a young man took over service. He was friendly and personable and made good suggestions and brought us rolls because they would be good to dip in one of the sauces. It makes such a huge difference to interact with an individual who wants you to enjoy your meal.

We we took a totally different approach today opting for appetizers rather than sandwiches or the pancakes and we were wowed with the flavors. First appetizer was garlic shrimp, swimming in butter and topped with cheese a then my favorite garlic mushrooms in a creamy buttery sauce topped with mozzarella cheese. The rolls dipped in this sauce could have been my meal. Lastly, an order of spring rolls which were quite good.

I would go back if I saw this young man working.

1 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear that it was good!
    having a good server can really make or break it.
    Thanks we look forward to this place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We’ve been here a few times as it’s convenient to Manchebo. It never really wowed us, mostly because of lackluster service but we gave it another shot today. Lunch started with the same inattentive service but then a young man took over service. He was friendly and personable and made good suggestions and brought us rolls because they would be good to dip in one of the sauces. It makes such a huge difference to interact with an individual who wants you to enjoy your meal.

We we took a totally different approach today opting for appetizers rather than sandwiches or the pancakes and we were wowed with the flavors. First appetizer was garlic shrimp, swimming in butter and topped with cheese a then my favorite garlic mushrooms in a creamy buttery sauce topped with mozzarella cheese. The rolls dipped in this sauce could have been my meal. Lastly, an order of spring rolls which were quite good.

I would go back if I saw this young man working.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We have gone twice to TOF and we are never Wowed by the food ( other than some dessert we had that was delicious but I no longer remember what it was-LOL). We usually go our first night and then wonder why we wasted 1 dinner there. I don’t remember having bad service there.
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s the Nutella chocolate mousse- so yummy! That alone may make us return- lol. It’s on the early bird special dinner.
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    i've only been there for Breakfast and they make the Dutch Pancakes which were really good. I've never had the Dutch Pancakes before going there as Ive never been to Linda's or Diana's but for a first timer it was something different and wonderful.

I also went to their wine tasting and food pairing that they do on Monday's. I went for my Birthday in May and had a really great time except it was very long 2 hours because the person describing the wines does the same lecture table by table instead of maybe speaking out to everyone at the same time. It was $25 and I recall 5 tastings of 2 whites. 2 reds and 1 dessert all serve with some tasty small bites including a mini spring roll which was good. The chocolate mouse dessert was awesome and they gave me a full size with a sparkle since it was my birthday.

0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    We've been there once for breakfast and a twice for dinner. We had good service and food each time.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the service issue could be because we go late afternoon. They’re not busy and get involved with restaurant chores and lose track. One time they all went into some sort of impromptu meeting and we were completely ignored.

0 0