This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: weirdest thing that you have eaten in Aruba............

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay, there's more to dinner than Casa Nonna pasta and burgers. Try something different. I had camel in Kuwait. It wasn't my favorite thing ever, but I'd order it again (the part near the hump is the most tender). I like rattlesnake, frog legs, escargot and even the scorpion wasn't bad. But put salmon in front of me and I lose every bit of my appetite for hours, I shudder typing the word.

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt I am not a very adventurous eater. I plan on venturing out a bit this trip. The Local Store is on the list among one or two others.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Jay, there's more to dinner than Casa Nonna pasta and burgers. Try something different. I had camel in Kuwait. It wasn't my favorite thing ever, but I'd order it again (the part near the hump is the most tender). I like rattlesnake, frog legs, escargot and even the scorpion wasn't bad. But put salmon in front of me and I lose every bit of my appetite for hours, I shudder typing the word.

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had bear sausage appetizer at a place in NW Jersey a few years ago. Definitely tasty.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot about duck. Not unusual I just forgot to list it because I don’t get it often. I know I’ve had goose and buffalo but it’s been a long time. My exes friend gave us fresh deer. I made it according to his recipe and it was very gamely. The dog throughly enjoyed it and we ordered a pizza. His friend said that is the way it is supposed to taste.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have eaten dear and pheasant when I was young. My mom went away and left me with our neighbor who was also a hunter.....you get it. I did not eat a real meal for days, lol.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ugh duck.......
    when Paul and I were first married I thought I could cook "anything "
    I tried cooking duck.
    that apartment STUNK like rotten duck carcass for what I thought was months.
    gag

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a bunch of adventurous people on this forum.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Walt, I am with you on the salmon.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had the best salmon a few years ago at Ruth's Chris. (Aruba)
    It was a special and I could not resist.
    It was grilled with a honey mustard glaze.

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't I see you in an eposode of Naked and Afraid?

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Not in Aruba, but I’ve had goat, ostrich, rabbit (not really uncommon) and alligator. Oh, and chocolate covered ants. Weirdest thing in Aruba would probably be snails. I just don’t get the appeal on that one. All you taste is garlic and they’re really chewy.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 2