This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: weirdest thing that you have eaten in Aruba............

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not a big fan of ceviche but the version we had at Carte Blanche was really quite good.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a customer at Bugaloe’s tell us they have the best ceviche so I am willing to try it again.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    weirdest thing that you have eaten in Aruba............-7890ea86-f1d5-4f4c-8454-ed7c955b5764-jpg
    These cactuses have seasonal little pink spear shaped things on top. They are delicious! have a kiwi flavor

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohhh I have seen people eat those flowers
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Several years ago we were on a cruise out of Venice and the first stop was Bari(Italy). We were with a group of friends some who were born in Italy and went into a local restaurant. It was a place that you get what they make for the day. As our friends were talking to them, ordering for the table in Italian they loudly started saying, "no, no". The restaurant offered "cavallo" that day aka horse.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Heckkkk no, no!

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Several years ago we were on a cruise out of Venice and the first stop was Bari(Italy). We were with a group of friends some who were born in Italy and went into a local restaurant. It was a place that you get what they make for the day. As our friends were talking to them, ordering for the table in Italian they loudly started saying, "no, no". The restaurant offered "cavallo" that day aka horse.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__ View Post
    weirdest thing that you have eaten in Aruba............-7890ea86-f1d5-4f4c-8454-ed7c955b5764-jpg
    These cactuses have seasonal little pink spear shaped things on top. They are delicious! have a kiwi flavor
    I’ve had those! I thought they were like a tart strawberry. When we stayed at the Divi I would pick them but more often than not one of the Divi staff beat me to it.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry, not sorry.
    could not resist
    volume up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91LRPk8x14s

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    lol so hard I started coughing

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    sorry, not sorry.
    could not resist
    volume up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91LRPk8x14s

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I wasn't going to mention this, but I think I had cat in Korea. Not too sure, but it was really stringy meat. It was served cooked on a stick, it tasted okay thanks to the Korean spices. The food stall on the street had a stick figure cat on the sign.
    I just remembered this parody. I just had to add it. My younger son was about 6 when this came out and actually asked for it totally straight faced in a Chinese restaurant in DC. Luckily the woman did not know what he was saying, but our group of friends did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj_e9UcJD34

0 4