This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: weirdest thing that you have eaten in Aruba............

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL So funny you two!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    sorry, not sorry.
    could not resist
    volume up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91LRPk8x14s
    OOhhhhh Wilbur!!

Post Thanks / Like
    They have sliced horse meat at Super Foods. The first time the wife saw it I thought she was going to hurl.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Several years ago we were on a cruise out of Venice and the first stop was Bari(Italy). We were with a group of friends some who were born in Italy and went into a local restaurant. It was a place that you get what they make for the day. As our friends were talking to them, ordering for the table in Italian they loudly started saying, "no, no". The restaurant offered "cavallo" that day aka horse.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    This might be the most disturbing of all the postings...I am shocked!

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    They have sliced horse meat at Super Foods. The first time the wife saw it I thought she was going to hurl.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yup disturbing indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    This might be the most disturbing of all the postings...I am shocked!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's all about what is accepted in each culture. To us eating Mr. Ed, Fido and Fluffy are taboo, but in other cultures it is acceptable. When we were in Thailand, we learned that in China, although against the law, tiger meat is a delicacy. Poor Tigger. Beef is taboo in some cultures or religions. Pork, and/or shellfish, bottom feeders(fish) are considered not kosher as in some other religions(think about middle eastern restaurants that are Halal). Culture and religion play a role in what we individually find acceptable.

This is an another reason people eat what they do eat or don't eat. It's on the funny side: about 15-20 years ago while teaching a 3rd grade Social Studies lesson on communities and the environment, we brought some science into the discussion how pollution can effect our food sources. There was a cow standing in the field in the SS book. We discussed that if the cow ate grass that grew in contaminated soil or drank contaminated water(etc) that it could get into their bodies and then when we ate beef or drank milk it could be passed to us. One girl was very confused. She had no idea her burger came from a cow. She shoved her chair back, upset and wide eyed and said, "You mean when I have burger I am eating that cow with those beautiful, big, brown eyes?" She vowed never to eat beef again. My last year teaching I get called into the office. Standing there is young policewoman(she came in about DYFS call made by the school). The principal said to me-"Do you recognize __________? She was one of your students." Of course I did and reminded her of the story. She said she doesn't eat beef often.

0 3