This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who Remembers ? (add a restaurant and photo if you can)

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone remember Boonoonoonoo's? They had a pumpkin gouda soup that was so amazing I remember it from a visit almost 25 years ago.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowBell View Post
    Does anyone remember Boonoonoonoo's? They had a pumpkin gouda soup that was so amazing I remember it from a visit almost 25 years ago.
    Oh yes...i use to 'lust after' that soup!!!!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife loved this place.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRJ View Post
    Scala… last time we were there was in 2015
    Attachment 10192
    Trip 38 booked for Feb! Cant wait.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Never heard of Amadeus. Reading through these posts, it Sounds like I missed out on some good dining.

I do miss Barney's and Melt Away. I liked Hollywood BBQ as well and Rembrandt's, too. I think the only one I have photos of that is no longer there is Twinklebones and I've already posted about that elsewhere in the forum.
    Last edited by Laura in NH; 08-30-2022 at 09:35 PM.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Amadeus was a cute little spot. The decorations on the walls were empty frames. They had the best Dutch apple pie and at the end of dinner the brought out cordial glasses of their Lost Symphony. It’s a blended liquor with vanilla and caramel overtones and absolutely delicious. Label says it’s a recipe kept secret since 2009.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    they had marvelous schnitzel!!
    Paul loved their rack of lamb.

I think that we polished off that Lost Symphony few months a few months b4 the place closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Amadeus was a cute little spot. The decorations on the walls were empty frames. They had the best Dutch apple pie and at the end of dinner the brought out cordial glasses of their Lost Symphony. It’s a blended liquor with vanilla and caramel overtones and absolutely delicious. Label says it’s a recipe kept secret since 2009.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    they had marvelous schnitzel!!
    Paul loved their rack of lamb.

I think that we polished off that Lost Symphony few months a few months b4 the place closed.
    Kind of surprised they didn’t continue producing it as the flavor is unique.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Subway over at the Playa Linda. I loved their bread....inexpensive lunch.
    Trip 38 booked for Feb! Cant wait.

0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone,

I too loved Hollywood Smokehouse. Sorry it didn't last too long. Same with Amadeaus.

Anyone remember Bali, the floating Indonesian restaurant in the harbour? There are many others.

Here is an observation from someone who's been going to Aruba, on and off, for over forty years. Lots of places have opened, we've enjoyed them (or not) and they've closed, only to be replaced by new restaurants, cafes etc. This speaks to me, not of failure, but of a very lively dining scene. It has been that way pretty much since since I started going to Aruba in 1980.

Compare Aruba's exciting dining scene to other destinations in the Caribbean where stepping off the property can be risky; language, sanitation, and a general feeling of unease when it comes to personal comfort and safety are issues that might be experienced. It's why every now and again the whole discussion about All-Inclusives in Aruba seems silly, but that's just me.

Everybody have a great long weekend.

Glenn
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. Le Dome exceptional and also part of Golden Age.
    0 0