This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Honeymoon

  1. #1
    Junior Member Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Honeymoon

    My fiance and I will be going to Aruba for our Honeymoon December 4-8th. We have never been to Aruba before, so I'm looking to get any helpful information that you can give me.....restaurants, activities, bars, etc.

    Thanks in advance for all of the suggestions!!
    0 1
     

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    34,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi ashley
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    best wishes to you and your fiance!!!

    where will you be staying while in aruba?

    i encourage you to surf around the site and read activities, culinary culture categories.

    if you are looking for feet in sand romantic dining, barefoot is a popular place as is passions on the beach.
    if you are looking for great fried local seafood eating near the dock.......then i recommend zeerovers.

    other fun very causal local places for dining are aplenty.
    read the culinary section!

    a fun beach bar at the hilton is "bugaloe" it is lively and fun and there is music.

    will you have a car rental?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    My fiance and I will be going to Aruba for our Honeymoon December 4-8th. We have never been to Aruba before, so I'm looking to get any helpful information that you can give me.....restaurants, activities, bars, etc.

    Thanks in advance for all of the suggestions!!
    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    4,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ashley! Congrats on the upcoming wedding and welcome to the forum. You guys will love Aruba!
    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ashley.... best wishes for a happy, long marriage and welcome to the forum. The answer to any of your questions may already be posted... so check out the various forum categories or use the search portal at the top right of this page.
    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ashley!
    Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum! Aruba is the best place in the world to honeymoon, speaking from experience

    There are so many things to do and so many great activities from ATV rides & horseback rides to trolley rides and jet ski rides. Then there is amazing restaurants with the best cuisine you could imagine and there is also Burger King & Wendy's.

    I highly suggest doing some snorkeling and planning to relax & enjoy the incredibly beautiful beach.



    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Junior Member Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! We are staying at the Holiday Inn Resort. They have an all-inclusive option, but we decided that it would be better to go out and explore all that the island has to offer rather than just staying on hotel property the entire time. I had thought about renting a Jeep for a day to do some off road exploring. But that might have to wait until our next trip. I don't want to pack too much in and not be able to relax. My fiance saw something about Kukoo Kunuku and he really wants to do that one night.
    0 1
     

  7. #7
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    34,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    you will like the holiday inn
    and very good choice not opting for the all inclusive plan.

    the kukoo kunukoo is FUN!!!
    please do not go on it on the last night of your honeymoon.
    if you drink too excess (and many do on that activity) then the trip home will be more than painful the next day.
    what happens on the KK stays on the KK



    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Thank you! We are staying at the Holiday Inn Resort. They have an all-inclusive option, but we decided that it would be better to go out and explore all that the island has to offer rather than just staying on hotel property the entire time. I had thought about renting a Jeep for a day to do some off road exploring. But that might have to wait until our next trip. I don't want to pack too much in and not be able to relax. My fiance saw something about Kukoo Kunuku and he really wants to do that one night.
    0 2
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! You picked a great place to Honeymoon. We went for ours almost 22 years ago!

  9. #9
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    But that might have to wait until our next trip.
    Love it that you're already thinkin' of the next trip....! Good choice for not going all inclusive at the HI.... there are so many wonderful dining options within walking distance and it's really quite safe leaving the resort at night! Here's a tip: Pack 1/2 of what you think you'll need for your honeymoon.. and it will still be to much!

    ....and take a few moments to share your trip with us...! Thanks!
    0 1
     

  10. #10
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    4,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Love it that you're already thinkin' of the next trip....! Good choice for not going all inclusive at the HI.... there are so many wonderful dining options within walking distance and it's really quite safe leaving the resort at night! Here's a tip: Pack 1/2 of what you think you'll need for your honeymoon.. and it will still be to much!

    ....and take a few moments to share your trip with us...! Thanks!
    We stay a few days at the Holiday Inn every trip. Moomba is right next door and is a fun place to hang out at night. And the rest of Chuck's tip is "and take twice the money you think you'll need".
    0 0
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •