This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonbini...The Landolts are coming...

Post Thanks / Like

Bonbini...The Landolts are coming...

Hello everyone,

I'm so excited and a bit terrified of a decision we just made...we bought a house in Aruba..Paradera to be exact. But this isn't my first time globally spreading my wings. I'm Shannan and born and raised in the California Bay Area...San Leandro if anyone has heard of it. I fell in love about 30 years ago to a Swiss man so, with 27 I made Lucerne Switzerland my new home with Fredy. We later fell in love with Thailand together and own a condo there. About three years ago our one and only child Natalie got her first job as a travel agent in charge of hotels for Kuoni...they sent her to check out Caribbean hotels and she fell head over heals for Aruba. Long story short...we have had experience with Airbnb rentals and as one of ours was in an apartment here in Switzerland and the neighbours started giving us troubled we decided to sell and go elsewhere ....I was thinking Spain, Italy..something somewhat close but.....Aruba it is. I'm looking forward to making contact with anyone who might be interested in getting to know us. I will be in Aruba July 1st until August 23rd(I hope to take a short jaunt over to Seattle to see my parents....I can leave the pool builders for ten days right??). My husband will be there from July 24th until August 23rd...I'm in charge of the first bits...anyways looking forward to my adventure and looking forward to new friends. Any tips to becoming an islander are welcome....and of course any tips for shopping...the house came partially furnished so I don't plan on shipping anything...just supporting the community.

Cheers,

Shannan
    Last edited by Shannan; 06-08-2021 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the new place!!! Enjoy!!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Shannan! Thanks so much for joining us. Can't wait to hear more about your new adventure on Aruba!

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow!!!

welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    have you ever been to aruba or is this extended stay your first trip?
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome. We have been to Aruba twice now..this will be our third time of many to come!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Is my profile pic showing up for you guys? I'm having a bit of troubles with that...
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the profile photo of you at the anchor is on your profile page
    the avatar will not be allowed yet as well as a signature line.
    you must have X amount of postings and been a member X amount of days.
    give me a bit to find the numbers to replace the X

Quote Originally Posted by Shannan View Post
    Is my profile pic showing up for you guys? I'm having a bit of troubles with that...

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Andrea, you can see us and that's all I need!! Do you live in Aruba permanently?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I did
    I live in FL
    From MA originally, retired in 2008 and moved south.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannan View Post
    Thank you Andrea, you can see us and that's all I need!! Do you live in Aruba permanently?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have yet to go to MA, actually haven't seen a whole lot of the east coast yet...it must be breathtaking in the spring and fall..def on our to do list! As a west coast gal with family there that's where my travels take me. Florida is a spectacular place to retire to. Can't beat the weather. I hope our trails pass in Aruba. It would be nice to meet you.
    1 1