This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hello everyone, nice to be here

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Brian -
    Welcome to the Forum! I think one of the most exciting additions to Aruba since your last visit is the new highway. It just opened on November 5th (2019) and it is called Watty Vos Boulevard. It provides a faster driving route from the airport to the north end of the island (Eagle Beach/Palm Beach). Here's some directions you can save if you want to give it a try:

• Exiting the airport, get in the center lane at the traffic circle and take the SECOND exit
    • You will enter another traffic circle (Citgo Gas Station) - go "straight through" (2nd exit)
    • You will pass a large green building on right KOOYMAN
    • You will enter another traffic circle (Aruba Airlines) - go "straight through" (2nd exit)
    • You are now on the highway!
    • You will pass several more traffic circles / roundabouts - continue to go "straight through" each of these traffic circles
    • The total distance of the highway is ~4.5 miles.
    • As you near the end of the highway you will pass a traffic circle with a Barber Shop on the right side.
    • After the "Barber shop" traffic circle, you will be passing over an overpass (slightly elevated section of highway)...this is when you are reaching the end of the highway.
    • As you reach the end of the highway, you will see a "PRICE HACKER" billboard on the right. Ling & Sons Grocery store is on the LEFT of this traffic circle
    • AFTER the LING AND SONS GROCERY traffic circle......you will enter the final traffic circle (you are now in Eagle Beach Area) ......TAKE the FIRST RIGHT/EXIT on this traffic Circle
    • This puts you back on 1A which is the traditional road you've always followed to the north side of the island (you'll see a Body Zone Fitness center on the right)
    • You'll enter 3 more traffic circles - "go straight through" all of them ....... At that 3rd Traffic Circle you will see the Super Food Grocery on your right and high rise hotels on the left .... so this will all look familiar to you.

Continue to drive straight until you reach the Marriott Complex on the left.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops - I just realized that Brian's question..... is an old thread from 2019.
    It looks like Vietnguyen - posted a new question within this thread (tips for post pandemic travel to Aruba).
    So others don't get confused (as I did), it may make sense to create a new thread with that question. ;-)
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

dining

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-pop Brian View Post
    Hi all, I'm Brian from Northern NJ (NYC suburb) and I just found this forum while checking out Aruba.com for our upcoming trip. This will be our 8th annual family trip to Aruba (with a few "couples trips" thrown in during that time). We are Marriott Timeshare owners and usually stay at the Aruba Surf Club, where we will be this year arriving on July 14th. We travel with our 2 adult daughters, their husbands, our 3 grandchildren and one of our daughter's in-laws, who also own Marriott TS. Our granddaughters are now almost 8 and almost 6 and have been going to Aruba every year since they were born. We are starting this tradition with our new Grandson, Dylan this year who will be 5 months old when we travel next month.

We are always on the lookout for new things to do and restaurants to try during our annual trip so I figured this was a great place to read and learn about new things since our last visit (we were here in November '18 with another couple, and last July with the whole family).

Our favorite restaurants include Quinta Del Carmen, Chalet Swiss and El Gaucho. One of my favorite casual places along the beach is Eduardo's Beach Shack for great juice drinks, smoothies, protein balls and coco-whip frozen dessert. We walk down there almost every day from the Surf Club.

I hope to contribute to the forums here and learn what I can from everyone else's experiences. 1 question...how do I set up my profile with a picture and that cool timeline for "days until next visit" to Aruba. I can't really find where to add those things to my profile. Is there an instruction thread to help me do that? Thanks all.
    Brian
    Brian, try Daniels for steak,its close, next to Giannis Italian restuarant, another good choice. Don"t forget the Pelican Pier next to the Holiday Inn. They are all close to you and you don't have to travel into town. The wife and I have been going to aruba since 1987, but I think we are going to miss it this year, we both are in our 70's and its not worth the risk of exposure, especially on the flight. Enjoy and protect yourselves
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the posting side arubabeaches&beers!