This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Hi everyone - it’s been a long time 😊

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like

    Hi everyone - it’s been a long time 😊

    Hi all,
    Finally returning to Aruba June ‘18 after 5 years. Various reasons have kept us away despite our ongoing wishes to return but we are going to make it next year. No doubt like everywhere things have changed I am just hoping not by too much.
    0 1 0
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    4,731
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back! Happy trip planning!
    0 0 0
     

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome back terry
    sure things have changed, and you will notice right away that the downtown has done a rehab, there is a nice walking trail called "linear," the ritz is complete, lots of the traffic lights are now replaced by roundabouts, the alhambra marketplace is complete and the hospital has had a refit, the radisson is now the hilton, the container port area is now strictly a cruise port area and the downtown has a trolley. (just to name a few )
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Hi all,
    Finally returning to Aruba June ‘18 after 5 years. Various reasons have kept us away despite our ongoing wishes to return but we are going to make it next year. No doubt like everywhere things have changed I am just hoping not by too much.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Andrea, ok that’s enough for me to be going on with 😂 I hope the changes have not had a negative affect on the people and atmosphere. You always get mixed views from visitors to anywhere and often travellers seem to forget to treat people with the same courtesy and respect they would expect in return 😊
    0 1 0
     

  5. #5
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    i hear you loud and clear!
    many changes perceived as positive and many are perceived depending on who you ask.
    personally, i like them.
    not especially wild about the trolley, but the cruise passengers love it and i know the merchants along the trolley route would love it more if the passengers got off the trolley ans shopped
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Wow Andrea, ok that’s enough for me to be going on with  I hope the changes have not had a negative affect on the people and atmosphere. You always get mixed views from visitors to anywhere and often travellers seem to forget to treat people with the same courtesy and respect they would expect in return 

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I'm so excited for your return! It may be like discovering the beauty of Aruba all over again
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member brady bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back Terry. Changes can be good and most time are.
    0 1 0
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,945
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back. I love Aruba more today than when I started going 22 years ago.... When in June? CP Jones and myself are typically in Aruba at the end of June....we were on the same flight down last year and Sue B is also there in early July I believe.









    0 1 0
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    4,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Welcome back. I love Aruba more today than when I started going 22 years ago.... When in June? CP Jones and myself are typically in Aruba at the end of June....we were on the same flight down last year and Sue B is also there in early July I believe.
    Always the end of June... early July for us too! Maybe we can all hook up again at Legends......!
    0 2 0
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member DiviDiviFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back Terry! Excited for you to return to Aruba, lots of changes but I think they are positive ones. Airport has some nice changes as well, solar rooftops over parking etc. So many of your favorite things will never change - wonderful Aruban people, staff, beaches and sunshine with tropical breezes. Have fun planning

    0 1 0
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •