This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snowbird from NH planning to sell in Florida and buy in ARUBA

Post Thanks / Like
    Contact Hans at Tropic rental cars. He might be able to do a long term rental. Welcome to the forum.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Start contacting the rental car agencies on the island. Many do long term rentals it just depends on availabilty of cars and what you want to pay. Keep in mind that it doesn't take too many taxi uses to pay for a week of car rental.
    Where are you staying on this trip? Buses are good but they don't pass in front of Gold Coast for example (to the best of my knowledge).
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi annf
    Right now I'm at home in NH and plan to head to our Fl home mid Dec.
    My neighbor there is a RE agent and is going to put house up for sale in a few weeks.
    Plan to get to Aruba as soon as expired passports come in probably late Jan.?
    We haven't been to Aruba in maybe 20 years but we are adventurous and just decided to
    get the money from Fl house and go spend winters there till...?
    We don't have a place to stay booked yet so not sure. We use to stay at Lacabana but also considering
    looking for rental at Gold Coast to check it out maybe.
    Thanks for your info and probably renting a car would cost more than Taxis. All in All just trying to get any
    tips and info to help with ALL the decisions to be made.
    Thanks PC
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry if I didn't state it correctly. In my opinion, renting a car is cheaper than using a taxi for extended stays. If you are going to be on the island for an extended period of time I would think you will be out and exploring possible places for sale, grocery shopping, trips to the beach, etc. Good luck!
    2 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with Ann. We go for three weeks at least and find a rental better priced than taxis. If you will be house hunting a taxi will be quite expensive, not to mention other exploring you might do. Last trip we were there for 25 days and the rental was about $600 all in. That's only $24 per day. A taxi from the airport to the high rise area is $31 plus tip.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes when we buy a place probably will be North maybe Gold Coast so will need a car for sure. Rent the first year maybe since buying and storing
    a car for 7 months isn't ideal either.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn’t worry about buying and storing, unless ownership doesn’t allow you a parking spot. We keep our car within the gated project. It’s included as an owner.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flpctc View Post
    Hello everyone I have many many questions to ask since deciding to make Aruba our snowbird home.
    Glad I found this forum and Thank You ahead of time for any feedback for my questions.
    We Plan to get to Aruba late Jan early Feb to look for a condo/townhouse . So lookin at everything online, I'm interested in the
    area around Malmok and the Gold Coast community. Anybody here live there or know anything about that community ?
    If you own a car and have a townhouse, what would you do with the car when you leave for 6 months?
    The transfer tax at closing, is that 3% of the first $142k and then 6%... or is it 6% of the entire sale if it is over $142k period.
    Ok that's it for now with questions. More to come so Thank You all for being here
    BTW...any baseball fans? Well I'm loving the playoffs with My 2 hometown teams ..Tampa Rays / Boston Red Sox .
    Don't know who to cheer for so I'm going for the Rays and hubby is taking the Sox
    Where in florida?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sarasota do love it but looking to change it up till? want to go back someday.
    0 0