This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Super Excited!!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Super Excited!!!

    Hello everyone. New here. I will be traveling to Aruba for the first time in April and will be traveling alone. Although many consider Aruba as a "couples" island, I do hope I can have a good time. I am a Registered Nurse here in NY and can really use some down time. Any ideas suggestions will be appreciated. I will be at the Hyatt so hopefully it is close to everything. I am super excited and can't wait!!!!!
    0 1
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    6,369
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyelse View Post
    Hello everyone. New here. I will be traveling to Aruba for the first time in April and will be traveling alone. Although many consider Aruba as a "couples" island, I do hope I can have a good time. I am a Registered Nurse here in NY and can really use some down time. Any ideas suggestions will be appreciated. I will be at the Hyatt so hopefully it is close to everything. I am super excited and can't wait!!!!!
    Welcome to the forum and you made a great choice with the Hyatt. It's a first class hotel and within walking distance of lots of shopping, restaurants and night life. Don't be too concerned with the 'couples island' aspect. We have a number of folks on the forum that do love to experience Aruba as solo travelers.... and I'm sure they'll speak up and welcome you with some tips for solo folks too!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the best of men!
    1 0
     

  3. #3
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    6,769
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Aruba is a great place for single travelers. We might put together a forum get together if enough folks are on the island near the end of April and beginning of May. Ask all of the questions you can, we love answering and giving advice.
    1 0
     

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank u
    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome !!!

    thank you for all of your hard work nursing!

    lots of people visit Aruba as single travelers.

    you will love it

    do you like snorkeling? hiking?

    tell us what you like to do and we will throw out a bunch of suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyelse View Post
    Hello everyone. New here. I will be traveling to Aruba for the first time in April and will be traveling alone. Although many consider Aruba as a "couples" island, I do hope I can have a good time. I am a Registered Nurse here in NY and can really use some down time. Any ideas suggestions will be appreciated. I will be at the Hyatt so hopefully it is close to everything. I am super excited and can't wait!!!!!

    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    8,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. I would be perfectly comfortable going solo to Aruba, now if only my husband would be okay with that!

    Seriously though, the people in Aruba are so welcoming, you will feel comfortable immediately. The Hyatt is in a good location with lots of restaurants you can walk to. Plus if you enjoy a casino, the Hyatt has a nice one.

    If you are looking for an excursion, the snorkel cruise on Black Pearl is wonderful. It’s laid back with only 20 people and the crew is friendly and helpful especially if you have never gone snorkeling.

    0 2
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! You will love Aruba. The people are so welcoming - you won’t even realize you are traveling alone!
    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,624
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! If anyone deserves a relaxing vacation, it is one of our dedicated nurses!
    I've traveled solo to Aruba twice now and am going again in August (did have my cousin join me for a few days my last trip in August-but still had plenty of solo time). You'll be fine and will have a wonderful time. I felt completely safe and have never felt uncomfortable being a solo. There are several other people on the forum who also travel there solo.
    Very excited for you! And thank you for the job you do.
    1 1
     

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Welcome to the forum! If anyone deserves a relaxing vacation, it is one of our dedicated nurses!
    I've traveled solo to Aruba twice now and am going again in August (did have my cousin join me for a few days my last trip in August-but still had plenty of solo time). You'll be fine and will have a wonderful time. I felt completely safe and have never felt uncomfortable being a solo. There are several other people on the forum who also travel there solo.
    Very excited for you! And thank you for the job you do.


    Thank you. I am looking forward to it.
    0 0
     

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    welcome !!!

    thank you for all of your hard work nursing!

    lots of people visit Aruba as single travelers.

    you will love it

    do you like snorkeling? hiking?

    tell us what you like to do and we will throw out a bunch of suggestions.
    Thank you. Nursing is exhausting especially now, but I love what I do. I am not into snorkeling but admire those who do. I am more into relaxing on the beach, doing some tours around the island. I Love trying different restaurants, especially those with live music; comedy clubs. Also is it difficult to get solo reservation for restaurants? Any suggestions on tours?
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •