This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ACE-Aruba Trip 12/12 to 12/19

Post Thanks / Like

Smile ACE-Aruba Trip 12/12 to 12/19

Preparations prior to trip departure.
    12/2 Filled out basics on ED Card and down loaded Aruba App.
    12/2 Order the Vault Covid home testing kit.
    12/3 Received Vault testing kit in the evening.
    12/5 Started packing.
    12/7 Made appointment at Dr Horatio Hospital for PCR Test 48 hours before my return flight for NY.
    12/8 Completed 90% Packing.
    12/8 Changed out going flight to Aruba for an earlier flight and mint seat as there was a price drop on Mint. I now have a mint Single Suite round trip with no one sitting next to me. This makes me feel secure.
    12/8 Got a hair cut which I badly needed as it had been 6 weeks since last hair cut.
    12/9 Took Vault Test 8:20AM and dropped off at UPS 9:15am. Easy Peasy…
    12/10 Received confirmation from Vault at 11:16am that they received my test kit.
    12/10 Got my eyebrows cleaned up so no unibrow. LOL
    12/10 Received my negative test results from Vault 7:07 pm. That was fast! Results in 8 hours from when they told me they received the sample.
    12/10 Completed ED Card by uploading results, buying insurance. Got the green check mark!!!! YEA! Wow I was so excited when I saw the green check mark like I won the lottery or something! LOL

In addition to all the above, I attended 13 Physical Therapy Sessions since October for Hip Pain/Nerve Pain. This time I found a really good physical therapy doctor (3rd one in 1 year 3 months) and I received serious treatment. I do 45 minutes to 60 minutes of stretches and bike exercise. Followed by 10 minutes of ultra sound therapy, 20 minutes of electric stimulation, 10 minutes of deep tissue massage and then tapping which I wear for 2 days and then tapping again next session. A few weeks ago I bought a cane and during election, I had to borrow one of Ms Daisy’s walker because the pain was too intense that I was unable to walk without muscles twitching, jerking, stabing and knee buckling. There was no way I would be able to go to Aruba in this condition. This week I’ve been able to walk to do errands with minimum pain and thus hopefully I can walk a little on vacation but I will probably take it easy. I ordered wheel chair service to the gate on both trips just in case as some of those gates are pretty far and I can only walk a few minutes before the pain sets in.

Tomorrow night I will complete packing and Saturday I have a 7:40am flight.

I’m so excited!!!!

By the way, the vault doctor personally email me. He said he was astonished, dumbfounded as he had never in his life seen such a negative results. He said my negative was sooo above average, you can call it double negative, it was off the charts. He said it was one for the medical text books and will go down in history. (Donald Trump exaggerating)
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 12-10-2020 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Size
    0 6

Post Thanks / Like
    Woo hoo!

2020 will go down in history for making a "green check mark" equivalent to winning the lottery. You're now one Queen Beatrix arrival away from collecting your prize! Congrats!
    Last edited by rpumpire; 12-10-2020 at 08:38 PM.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Got to love that green check mark! Good for you. Glad you decided to go and can;t wait for another trip report. Safe travels!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg the Jet Blue card they charge a 3% service charge for International Travels but I think it might be worth using it because you earn double miles for food charges.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful that you ARE going.
    Enjoy
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, I'm no doctor (and Playa Linda isn't a Holiday Inn Express), but we all know your setting foot on Aruban soil (or sand) will have nothing but positive outcomes for your physical AND mental well-being!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Peg the Jet Blue card they charge a 3% service charge for International Travels but I think it might be worth using it because you earn double miles for food charges.

Hmm, that 3% service charge is new. Is that 3% on the cost of the flight? I’ve always used the JB card to book and never had an additional charge. Food purchases were 50% off.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    How exciting to get the green check mark. We are excited for you. Happy travels!!!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Our flight is at 730 on Saturday. I guess we will be getting in around the same time.

0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Hmm, that 3% service charge is new. Is that 3% on the cost of the flight? I’ve always used the JB card to book and never had an additional charge. Food purchases were 50% off.
    The card website mentioned that for Internation travel charges like when I charge at hotel, rest there is a 3% foreign fee. My Citi Master Card doesn't charge a foreign fee they used to so maybe I will use that card instead for dining/hotel charges.
    0 0