This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ACE May 2021 Trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    A few years ago I had a panic attack in an airport tsa line. Paul hustled me out of the line and did the wheelchair thing.
    I felt foolish but the panic attack was worse than feeling foolish.
    Last week we were in line at tsa at Orlando and it happened again got out of line and requested a wheelchair.

Moral or the story I cannot do crowds.
    Pannick attacks are no joke!. Hard to understand until you had one. Good move by Paul. See you tonight at 6p.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Edgar, happy to hear you arrived safe and sound. Relax and enjoy! And have a great time tonight with Andrea, Walt and spouses. One of you take a picture or two of the happy group for the rest of us!!
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you got there safely!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, Pam, Edgar (Aruba Ace) Andrea, Paul
    @ Moomba. 5/16/2021

Attachment 9195

I tried to add the photo apparently unsuccessfully.
    The photo is showing up on my link.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 05-17-2021 at 08:03 AM.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry that stinks!
    A few years ago I had a panic attack in an airport tsa line. Paul hustled me out of the line and did the wheelchair thing.
    I felt foolish but the panic attack was worse than feeling foolish.
    Last week we were in line at tsa at Orlando and it happened again got out of line and requested a wheelchair.

Moral or the story I cannot do crowds.
    Trip 32 begins on June 5.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    tried to add the photo apparently unsuccessfully.
    The photo is showing up on my link.
    Error message...

ACE May 2021 Trip-error-jpg
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, Pam, Edgar (Aruba Ace) Andrea, Paul @ Moomba. 5/16/2021
    The picture...

ACE May 2021 Trip-gang-jpg
    2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 2 Sunday May 16th.

Woke up very early at 530am but I did nap and slept a lot on Saturday. I was down at the deli at 630am for my coffee and breakfast sandwich to have on my balcony. I noticed that half the beach chairs had towels on them so early. However, all the beach huts were available. It has been very windy so perhaps guests are opting for the pool. I like to alternate. I relaxed in the room after breakfast and decided to try out my duty free bottle of Captain Morgan Black. I've never had the black brand before so I poured a shot over ice. One shot lead to number 2 to 3 then 4. I would not mix this brand with anything. It was smooth with hints of vanilla, coconut and a touch of molasis.

I made it to pool by 11am despite being up so early but when you are having a few drinks, time tends to go so fast. All the pool chairs were taken so I got a beach hut in the back which was just across the Jacuzzi which was cold so I went inside pool. I did some pool stretches Andrea told me about a few months back and they really help stretch my hip flexors so they don't tighten up when I walk. I was a little sore yesterday but much much better than previous trips knock on wood.

I had lunch at the pool bar and 2 drinks at 1pm. I was back in room by 2pm as I wanted to nap to meet up with Walt and Andrea at moomba later in the evening. We met at 6pm and we had a great time! Great conversation, joking, drinks. The staff is wonderful but the food so so. Well I just had a personal pizza which was not so good so I can't pass judgement by 1 items but I would not order it again. It was not crowded so I guess locals are not going out as much. Andrea and Paul were nice to give me a ride back to phoenix. I always have a hard time getting a cab there unless it's crowded and cabs are coming there to drop off people but it was a slow night.

After I got back to room I watched some Netflix until 10pm and called it a night..
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 05-17-2021 at 10:56 AM.
    0 4

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like you the pool exercises and water walking really help with my arthritis!

We r lucky here at LaCabana that the WiFi allows for Netflix without much interruption and buffering

When I am up early I watch Netflix.

Enjoy your time at the Phoenix
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 3 Monday 5/17

Not such a great day but still better to be in Aruba. Yesterday before I went to bed I started to have digestive issues. Well it continue in the morning. At home I was having issues with constipation but not here. It must be the great water and I think my body caught up.

I did have a very nice breakfast at Pure Beach some large pancakes with sausage, coffee around 8am. I settled back in the room but I ended up having to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes. Every time I wanted to head out to pool or beach I had to go. So I did not want to take any chances and stayed in room watching netflix. Around 1pm I went to the deli to get a turkey sandwich on toast and a beer. I took a nap from 2pm to 4pm and I was in the room hot jacuzzi by 5pm, showered and from 6 to 7 I drank some ballashi and watch the sunset on the balcony. No dinner tonight as my stomach finally settled but I will have a nice breakfast tomorrow. Some more netflix, bed by 10pm and hope to get some beach time tomorrow...
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 05-17-2021 at 07:44 PM.
    0 0