This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ACE May 2021 Trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 4. Tuesday 5/18

I woke up so early 5am. Well I slept a lot on Monday. Pure Beach Rest opens at 7am and I was hungry as I did not eat dinner previous night. I have a nice cheddar omelette with toast and coffee. I went back to room, let food settle. Prepared a water bottle filled with ice which I poured white wine over to take to the pool. I was down at 930am and every freaking chair was taken. No one occupying it but their towels were there representing. The Jacuzzi was cold so I complained to pool attendant. He explained they called a plumber but there was another jacuzzi at the other side the second villa buildings so I went there. It was a much smaller pool area but plenty of chairs, very quiet. Also closer to end of beach so easier to get in and out of beach. Where I usually enter to go into the beach there is a high sand dune so hard for me to get out. The last time I sprained my hip so bad trying to get out of the water. I just hung out at the pool alternating between pool and Jaccuzi. The wind was blowing so hard that sand was flying into the pool area. One man who came back to the pool from the beach and looked like the sand man was really ticked off. He was rambling that he had sand all over his hair, it got in his beer yada yada. I was like, ok..Then he said that the sand was too soft that they should get some hard sand like in the states that does not blow all over the place. LOL

Afterwards I went to the deli and ordered a nice chicken salad sandwich on multigrain hero. I ate that in the room and drank lots of water. I took a wonderful 2 hour nap and went back out for happy hour at 5pm. It was $2 taco night and they had a variety chicken, fish and steak. I had 1 fish and 2 steak. The Fish was the best and the steak just ok. I love their 2 for 1 happy hour because it is good for any drink. Everywhere else it's just certain drinks, beer but not wine. What's the point then! They make a drink call loaded rum with dark rum, coconut rum, Myers rum, Kailua and some juices. It's like a very strong rum punch. They cost $12 but for happy hour you get 2 for $12. I had 4 but took my time, watched the sunset and spent a nice 2 hours there. I ordered some nachos to go and they put it in an individual pizza box. I was like ok. When I got back in the room that nacho order was huge! I just wanted something to munch on while I watched netflix. So I ate half and put the rest away for next night. Yesterday was a great day!

Day 5 5/19

Today more of the same. I slept a little later until 7am and had a wonderful night sleep. I got some breakfast from deli to eat in room waffles and eggs. I started washing some clothes in room washing machine. I was down at pool by 10am. I went next door again and used jacuzzi, pool also went to the beach. It's a nice beach but the water is very shallow. It goes to your knees. I missed Eagle Beach were I could tred in deep water. I spent a few hours at pool, beach and back to room and ate nachos for lunch with lots of water and for my nap. I wasn't really too tired but I napped a little and used the jaccuzi where It is much hotter than pool Jacuzzi and good for my hip pain. So far this trip has been Ok and I only had minor hip pain and have been able to move around more swiftly knock on wood.

Dinner tonight was at Bavaria. I finally got out of resort. I had the chicken schnitzel with mushroom sauce like Andrea and it was divine. I had a soup for starters that had these meat ravioli in the soup which was tasty as well. I enjoyed 2 German beers and some Aruban ice cream called picolo I think. It tasted like French Vanilla. I was stuffed!

Peter called me a cab and waited with me outside. He looked disappointed. I asked him if everything was ok. He asked if I read trip advisor. I said sure. He said some tourists from Germany came there the other day and wrote a very bad review. I found the report and they trashed the place. I said Peter I have never had a bad meal there including tonight and I wrote a great review years ago. I used to take MS Daisy there and she loved it! When I got back to resort, I wrote an excellent review and commented how they go around asking how is everything but some people don't say anything and then write trashy reviews.

So that is it for today. Some netflix, bed, breakfast, beach, pool tomorrow and I have an appointment tomorrow at 150pm to have my nasal passages cleaned out in order to fly back to NY. No buggers allowed!
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 05-19-2021 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Correction of word
    1 4

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am laughing about the sandman.

Thank you for posting!!!!
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy birthday, Edgar!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a Very Happy Birthday Edgar !!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Birthday Edgar! Enjoy your special day in Paradise!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Birthday, Ace! Thanks for the interesting posts.

Do you have birthday plans for today?
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Birthday Ace! Enjoy your day!!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Birthday!!!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy birthday Ace! Glad you are feeling well and enjoying your get away! Yup, some people should not travel....stay home where everything is like it is in the USA...lol!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    A HAPPY Birthday on the HAPPY island of Aruba .... that sounds like absolute perfection!
    Ace - I hope your day is full of fun, relaxation and wonderful sunshine! Happy birthday!
    0 1