This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: ACE May 2021 Trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to read a trip report, sounds like a wonderful time. Your favorite breakfast is mine too, eggs benedict Love your Sand Man stories too funny, can picture the man holding a cigar and corona while trying to fight the wind blown sand, can't feel bad though he is in Aruba, lol...Happy Belated Birthday!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    i hope your trip home was easy and uneventful

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    if you have an indoor pool close by to home or work that would allow you to walk in the water....that might be more beneficial than PT.

our pool at home is down til Tuesday and today we went to the local Y, about 1/2 mile from our house.
    I got in and walked back and forth for 2 hrs about 2 1/2 miles.

QUOTE=ArubaAce;377162]On second thoughts I had a Nathan's hot dog. . I worked for it though. I'm at gate 2 and food past gate 5 but they left me the wheel chair which I used as a walker. I did the same December 2020 walked from gate 2 to 6 with wheel chair in pain all the way. This time, no pain. So grateful for the improvement. When I get back I may resume physical therapy again but once a week. I have around 18 sessions left with my insurance so why not since it helped tremendously. The thing with PT though is that it takes time. I did 60 sessions from fall of 2019 thru spring 2021. For awhile there I thought it was hopeless and then in 2021 improvements kicked in.
    [/QUOTE] Great idea Andrea about walking in the pool. I need exercise and i can't do it walking out side. Today at the airport both in Aruba and NY I got up to walk a few steps and felt a twitch of muscles or bones rubbing and it looked like I was going to fall. I didn't have this issue all week at the resort but walking in and out of the room every day a few times finally caught up with me. Prior to Covid I found a YMCA close by which I was going to sign up for to use pool and then pandemic hit so everything shut down. Now time to look into it again.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm home sweet home. My flight got delayed on account of 30 missing passengers who were delayed due to long lines at Customer. Everyone in Mint was chanting lets leave them behind they knew they were supposed to be at airport 3 hours ahead of departure. The pilot said he would have loved to take off but he was not given clearance. There were no seats available on the next flight so the Aruba authorities told the pilot he had to wait for them. So instead of 2pm department we left at 2:45pm. The MINT passengers boo every single late passenger the 30 that delayed the flight. I was dying but I also joined in. LOL. Anyway I arrived at JFK at 7pm, got wheel chair service to claim to Under and I was home by 8pm. Ms Daisy was in the living room waiting for me, she took her shower and now went to bed.

End of my trip report until next one.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you made it home safely!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Man I am soooo relaxed this morning! I had such a peaceful and restful vacation. I gained 4.6 pounds but it was worth it. Today I am back on track with diet and exercise.

No trip report would be complete without photos. I don't take much photos these days but I did take a few during my trip which I wanted to share so here goes..

Until next trip.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sC51SLjPCwuGk5zb8
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that an espresso martini I see in those photos? My favorite! Sunset photos are nice too!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul and I were up a little too
    We got back on track yesterday.
    Loved your photos.
    Thanks for sharing.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Is that an espresso martini I see in those photos? My favorite! Sunset photos are nice too!
    Yes I had an Expresso Martini at Yemanja as well as At Madame Jeanette. At MJ if you want it a little creamy they will add some Bailey's Irish Cream which I had. The best Expresso Martini I had in Aruba was at Azia 2 years ago.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    After spinal surgery I found that my Aquajogger was a real help in the pool. You wrap it around your middle and it keeps you buoyant so you're walking/jogging in the deep water.
    0 1