This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ACE Trip 12/14 to 12/21

Post Thanks / Like

ACE Trip 12/14 to 12/21

I was not sure about starting a trip report. I'm at my laziest mode ever! I shut phone, tablet off the minute I arrived in Aruba except to check emails Sat and Sunday on account that a friend was staying with MS Daisy over the weekend. Thank God I checked in because she did not know what to make her for dinner which was silly because the freezer is filled with meats there is a bag of potatoes, rice etc. Anyway, my brother is back so I no longer have to check in. On to the report.

Left Sat 12/14 430am. Arrived at airport 450am. Check in 5 minutes. TSA security 10 minutes. The airport was pretty desserted. Arrived at gate arrived at gate 520am. Boarding 635am. Easy peasy! Smooth flight, love Jet Blue Mint. Flight left at 730am arrived 1PM (Aruba time difference). Very long lines at immigration especially happy flow. Someone in security opened another rope and told me to go through. I got to a custom agent in 10 minutes not bad but a lot of people stuck in happy flow line . Got to luggage area and my bag was going bye carrousoul. I went to duty and got a liter of Bacardi Oakheart for $20. Made it outside and the taxi lines were very long. However it took 10 minutes to get inside cab. The driver used a different route to get to La Cabana. We did not go through downtown but there were many round abouts. He charged me $29 and I believe the rate is $26 but it's ok I'm on vacation and he got me there quick.

I arrived at La Cabana around 2pm. I was in the room by 330pm. I just relaxed in the lobby and even fell asleep. I had dinner at La Terrazza. The new girls she has there are wonderful. Service was great! I had eggplant parm with spaghetti and meatballs, Cesar salad, 6 glasses of white wine. Hey it was happy hour and I was more than ☺. Home made Tiramisu, cappucchino. All for $59 so very inexpensive and everything was delicious. Afterwards I called it a day.

12/15 I ate breakfast at Cinnabon. They make a loaded breakfast sandwich for $6 bucks. A large bun stuffed with eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese which I took to my villa and enjoyed on my balcony. I skipped lunch because I was still full. Talk about balcony. Usually I face the pool as most rooms do. This time I have a room in 4th floor, it faces the rest Las Ramblas with perfect view of Eagle Beach.

I was so lazy I did not leave room until 1130am. Hung out at the pool until 230pm. Came back for Happy hour around 5pm. I was tired so I ordered a pizza for dinner from bar menu to take to room and eat at balcony. It was a flat bread pizza loaded with chicken, steak, sausage and cheap $16 enough for 2 to 3 people. I ate half and so I have left over for lunch sometime this week or snack.

I went to bed at 730pm. I was like what I usually go out to dinner at that time. However I was really tired and sore as I still have back,hip issues and I walked a lot the first day at airports, walking to La Terrazza which included the stairs etc.

This concludes my first 2 lazy days. Maybe I will update again in 2 days.

0 5

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lazy days in Aruba are wonderful.
    How is your back and hip feeling these days?

The road that the taxi driver took you is called the Watty Vos.
    It opened about a month ago and has been a godsend!
    It takes the burden off of the downtown, and decreasing traffic tie ups.

Enjoy your stay.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy, more trip reports 0 Yea! Thanks so much. Sounds like your off to a great start.
    Thanks so much,
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright!! A New Trip Report!!! Glad to hear that you were able to make another trip to the One Happy Island before the end of the year. Are there a lot of visitors on the island now seeing as the holidays are right around the corner? Then again, I gather that the visitor numbers begin to pick up from late October into early November. Sounds like your trip is going well so far, looking forward to reading more about your latest visit.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Your lazy trip sounds like my perfect trip. Have fun!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Lazy is okay with us, lol. Thanks for the report. Enjoy your lazy Aruba days!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for checking in and sharing your trip event though your relaxation mode has set it! Enjoy it!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Lazy days in Aruba are wonderful.
    How is your back and hip feeling these days?

The road that the taxi driver took you is called the Watty Vos.
    It opened about a month ago and has been a godsend!
    It takes the burden off of the downtown, and decreasing traffic tie ups.

Enjoy your stay.
    My back and hip still giving me problems but much better. At least I can now walk a few blocks slowly and relying less on medications. Last night I woke up several times because I had hip pain but during the day while walking I didn't have much pain. I completed 21 sessions of PT before trip and it made a world of difference. I was at my doctor Friday for a nerve test where they zap you with electricity. His nurse assist said the test showed that there was definetely something going on in the left side of hips. Yea Sherlock it's sciatica but I've improved. So then she writes a prescription for an opioid and Lyrica. I refused and told her I was going away, will be at happy hour. She still insisted and said I can have one or two drinks. So she sent the prescription but I did not pick up. I have a prescription from a pain doctor called Meloxicam,it's an NSAID and works just fine. Even after you stop taking it the medication continues to work for 3 to 4 more days..
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 12-16-2019 at 01:10 PM.

2 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    Alright!! A New Trip Report!!! Glad to hear that you were able to make another trip to the One Happy Island before the end of the year. Are there a lot of visitors on the island now seeing as the holidays are right around the corner? Then again, I gather that the visitor numbers begin to pick up from late October into early November. Sounds like your trip is going well so far, looking forward to reading more about your latest visit.
    Yes a lot of visitors at airport,beach 3 cruise ships yesterday but none today.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad you decided to do a trip report! Have a blast and take it easy!

0 0