This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ace Trip 12/15 to 12/22

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a better ending to my story, Jet Blue sent me an email that they gave all the travelers on my flight a $50.00 credit for the inconvenience. In addition since I was flying mint, they gave me another $100 credit for a total of $150.00 added to my Travel Bank. I will take it. :>)

I just updated my ticker for next trip. I'm going in May the week of my birthday. Looking forward to it and to new adventures.

Merry Christmas to you all and Andrea thanks for posting my pictures.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are welcome ACE

and that was mighty "christmasy" of JB to be generous.

you are most welcome for the photos.
    thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Here is a better ending to my story, Jet Blue sent me an email that they gave all the travelers on my flight a $50.00 credit for the inconvenience. In addition since I was flying mint, they gave me another $100 credit for a total of $150.00 added to my Travel Bank. I will take it. :>)

I just updated my ticker for next trip. I'm going in May the week of my birthday. Looking forward to it and to new adventures.

Merry Christmas to you all and Andrea thanks for posting my pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the trip report Ace! We are going in May also!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just finish you review.... you always make it so exciting with such details.
    Good for Jet Blue..
    Safe travels and A very Blessed Holiday.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Merry Christmas. Good for you!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad you are home safe and sound.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Thanks all for the well wishes. I'd like to know more about the airport lounge. Usually I hang out at One Happy bar until boarding so I really never spend any time in the crying room. However, I"m flying mint going home so they will be serving drinks and I don't want to go to the bar and over do it. I usually get to the airport early so it would be nice to wait in a quiet area, read, clean bathroom etc. I don't have the type of credits that allow free access but I'm willing to pay a reasonable fee. Thx
    Ace,

I just did this yesterday. It's $42.00. Limited drink selection. Place was crowded, so even though it was quieter than outside, it wasn't very quiet.

I can't believe we were in Aruba pretty much the same time (I was 12/16-23). I mostly avoided my electronics on this trip, so I wasn't keeping up on this forum at all.

Too bad! I would have loved meeting up with you.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    Ace,

I just did this yesterday. It's $42.00. Limited drink selection. Place was crowded, so even though it was quieter than outside, it wasn't very quiet.

I can't believe we were in Aruba pretty much the same time (I was 12/16-23). I mostly avoided my electronics on this trip, so I wasn't keeping up on this forum at all.

Too bad! I would have loved meeting up with you.
    Hey thanks for sharing your experience about the lounge. Even though I was at the gate at 4pm, plane delayed an hour, boarding started around 6:20pm, I figured staying at the noisy gate was the best thing for me. Like I mentioned, from my seat I could see all the people inside and they were crowded outside the lounge a well. No announcement in the lounge so I'm sure some of those folks missed the announcement when they moved the flight from Gate 8 to Gate 3. Most likely the lounge isn't usually crowded but more so this time of year because of the volume of travelers.

I also pretty much avoid electronic while on vacation except to write for the forum. On my next trip I may chose just to write my trip review at the end of the trip but then again I like keeping in touch with the members of this forum as I've gotten a lot of tips and support from them over the years.

Happy Holidays!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no! Ace we loved your fresh daily trip reports. Its so nice to be able to ask questions on the fly. Your trip reports helped keep Aruba in our Minds. I know its a pain but we vote for daily reports!!
    Yea!!!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0