This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ACE Trip 6/11/2022 to 6/18/2022

Post Thanks / Like
    Home Sweet Home!

What a long day Saturday. I was up at 7am, I was already 75% packed but it's just the toiletries that take time to gather and pack. I bring shaving gel, deodorant, sun tan lotion, mosquito repellent, face wash, face scrub, face moisturizer, hair gel, well you get it. Anyway, I checked out at 10am as required. I had a message from Jet Blue advising a flight schedule changed from 2:15pm departure to 3:35. I said to myself, maybe I should go to The West Deck from 11-12 and hang out. However, they advise to still arrive at airport at original time just in case they resolve the delay. I'm at gate by 11am and scheduled changed again for a 3:50PM departure. So I waited at gate from 11am to 3pm boarding. I should have gone to West Deck! My last meal was 730pm previous day and I did not eat again until they were serving the meals on plane around 4:30pm. I was starving!!!

We got to JFK around 8pm and I was home by 9pm and just hit the bed..

Until next trip...
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Great reports Ace, glad we got to meet!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome home. Glad you had a great time. Thanks for the trip reports, I really enjoyed them.
    Now it’s time to start planning the next trip!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess we all need to expect flight delays with shortages of crews etc. so annoying but glad you got home safely. Thanks for taking us along. Your trip FLEW by. I can imagine how you feel! I am sure Miss Daisy was happy to see you.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for the trip report. I know you said in several posts how much walking hurts. Have you ever thought about renting a scooter while you are in Aruba? There is a place in the high rise area in Palm Beach Mall that rents all sorts of mobility equipment. I don't know much about it, but I saw it last time we were there.

Here is the website incase it is something you want to think about in the future.

https://arubamobility.com/

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a long day!!!
    Rest up and begin planning the next trip.
    Nice seeing you on Friday.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Thanks so much for the trip report. I know you said in several posts how much walking hurts. Have you ever thought about renting a scooter while you are in Aruba? There is a place in the high rise area in Palm Beach Mall that rents all sorts of mobility equipment. I don't know much about it, but I saw it last time we were there.

Here is the website incase it is something you want to think about in the future. Actually Robin, the last few trips when I was staying at the Divi Phoenix I thought about it. There was an advertising for rentals on the prior Nights Publication but i did not see it on the latest publication. I will save the website. Thx.

https://arubamobility.com/
    Actually Robin, the last few trips when I was staying at the Divi Phoenix I thought about it. There was an advertising for rentals on the prior Nights Publication but i did not see it on the latest publication. I will save the website. Also at the Divi Phoenix they have a few palapas that are reserved for handicap. It has cement around it to park wheel chair, scooter etc.
    0 0