This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Ace Trip 9/11 thru 9/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    glad that you are home and that travel day was not too much of a "PIA" just a pain in the hips

is the health attendant under your employ oran employee of an agency? Yes she is an employee of an Agency. M
    good luck on that. I know that good help is very hard to find.

again, thanks for sharing and be well!!
    Yes the attendant is with an agency but the agency has been just as worst. Will change Agency and home attendant and hope for the best. Ms Daisy is up for a 6 month review with MLTC Insurance. They left me 3 messages while I was in Aruba. I will set up appointment this week and request the change.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Ace, I enjoyed your trip reports and I'm glad that you were able to get away. It sounds like using the wheelchair in the airport was a wise choice. I hope that you can get some rest before you go back to work. Hopefully, you won't be as sore by tomorrow. Best of luck with the caregiver situation. Good help is hard to find. I've got to move my mom soon from her current assisted living apartment, because of her financial situation, and it's really stressing me out. She's very happy where she is and I hate having to make a change. It's hard caring for an aging parent. We just want what's best for them.
    Yes good help is hard to find and very hard caring for an ageing parent. I hope it works out for both us. I'm changing the home attendant agency who have been the worst this year and start fresh with a new attendant as well. I was a little sore last night and this morning. I should be able to go back on my NSAID prescription tonight as I had my last drink on plane at 530pm and no booze today so it will be 24 hours. The meds help me a lot after 2 or 3 days and then I'm good for a week.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for taking us along on your trip. Sorry about the issues back home and hope you are able to get them sorted.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the trip report - always a good read. Glad you made it home safely, and hope all works out regarding the home attendant issue. I also think your triple negative joke was very funny!
    Darlene
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome home, Edgar! Please keep us posted on Miss Daisy. You're such a good son. She's so very lucky to have you...

Quote Originally Posted by purpleangel View Post
    Thanks for the trip report - always a good read. Glad you made it home safely, and hope all works out regarding the home attendant issue. I also think your triple negative joke was very funny!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you made it home safe and sound. I always get a wheelchair at the airport. I can walk around the house without a cane and also some short distances. I use a cane for longer walks, but always use a wheelchair at the airport. I just cannot stand for more than a few minutes. I am no good at standing in lines. It just kills my back.
    So sorry about Miss Daisy's run-in with the aid. You are so very lucky to still have her and she is so very lucky to have you too.
    0 0