This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Aruba bound 2/13 to 2/27 -Yea!

Post Thanks / Like
    We are seeing people masked up in resort at ABC. At beach and outside they wear mask on neck at the ready. We still get temp check coming into resort each time. Alot of hand sanitizers all over. Even at Bright bakery you had to sanitize and sign in. When we go out to eat or have a drink, we look for a very spacious table location or just pick another place if it doesnt feel right. Palm Beach as always is much busier than Eagle Beach. Even at the Moomba its table service only. Even for just a quick beer, waitress must serve you. We feel safe. But we keep our distance as we did at home.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Yestetday was so beautiful we just floated on our papasons in the sea. So relaxing. Dinner was on the Black Pearl, grilled cheese. MMMMMM This was the 1st time we got to swim with a sea turtle on the trip. We have seen them before but with less crowds it seems wild life has taken over. When you see all the party snorkle boats they are not full at all. It snowed in NJ yesterday so we are soaking up as much sun and ocean time as possible. This morning we at at Ricardos, it was very good. We noticed yestetday 12pm HH was dead here. Not 1 person. We have Bingo at 2pm at CDM. We will come in disguise. Yesterday the maid left a AA meeting card on our counter by the money we left for. We now think it isnt her taking our booze. Maybe maintenence dept? Having such a telaxing time.
    Sean and Susan
    Last edited by crimms; 02-23-2021 at 09:31 AM.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Fishing went well last night. Caught 20 fish. Most action was a horse eye jack. Gave the boat some and took the rest home. Fun times! Got up early today and went Santa Cruz to Huchada bakery. Fantastic bread and egg sandwiches. They are open till 7pm and serve lunch too. Their specialty is soup also. Then we too a drive to wild side of island and got some great shots. By Natural Bridge and gold mine and beyond. Surf was blasting into the sky when it hit the rocks.
    Headed to lings for more vodka. We are secretly marking the bottle. It can't possible for us to do that damage. Got back to ABC and it rained a bit we see, and is cloudy. Such a difference from other side. We are planning on drinks with Stu and Robin Friday to catch up from last year. Aruba is such a fun place. We are jealous of those guys.
    Sean and Susan
    Last edited by crimms; 02-24-2021 at 11:50 AM.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Fishing went well last night. Caught 20 fish. Most action was a horse eye jack. Gave the boat some and took the rest home. Fun times! Got up early today and went Santa Cruz to Huchada bakery. Fantastic bread and egg sandwiches. They are open till 7pm and serve lunch too. Their specialty is soup also. Then we too a drive to wild side of island and got some great shots. By Natural Bridge and gold mine and beyond. Surf was blasting into the sky when it hit the rocks.
    Headed to lings for more vodka. We are secretly marking the bottle. It can't possible for us to do that damage. Got back to ABC and it rained a bit we see, and is cloudy. Such a difference from other side. We are planning on drinks with Stu and Robin Friday to catch up from last year. Aruba is such a fun place. We are jealous of those guys.
    Sean and Susan
    We are looking forward to seeing you!

Post Thanks / Like
    We will see you guys tomorrow. If you want some fish today, just let me know. It was a disaster at Manchebo having them cook it for dinner. We got O.K from them but instead of usual $12 fee they charge at other restaurants, they charged us $40 for 1 lunch with rice and salad. Ricardos charges $12 for a complete dinner with your own fish.
    Yesterday was fun. A little cloudy but fun to be on the beach and swim. Today is covid test day, UGH! We are on line at hospital by ABC. its $75 dollars. You download a quick Ap on yourphone to show them at drive up. Come early like us or it will be a long ride. We will let you know how we make out.
    Sean and Susan
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way Robin, I can just drop it off real quick.
    Test went fast and painless. All the worries for nothing. It did not hurt. Just tickles. We are back at Matthews for breakfast. We like the beach front view.
    0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad that you guys are having such a good time. We really miss being there. In the time that you've been on the island, we've had one snowstorm and two ice storms. We don't ever want to miss another February. I start my day by checking the forum to see what you guys are up to. I hope that we can get together again next year.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Hatteras. Its so great to get up at any time and get a palapa. The beach is dead on our walks. Its like having the island to ourselves. Its 10:30 and we already swam in the ocean and sitting on beach. This has been our most relaxing trip so far. No cruisers taking our chairs. So atrange not seeing cruise ships come and go. I saw my 1st one early this morning
    Sean and Susan
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for continuing to share your story!
    Seriously, you had cruises take your chairs at the beach?
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Thanks Hatteras. Its so great to get up at any time and get a palapa. The beach is dead on our walks. Its like having the island to ourselves. Its 10:30 and we already swam in the ocean and sitting on beach. This has been our most relaxing trip so far. No cruisers taking our chairs. So atrange not seeing cruise ships come and go. I saw my 1st one early this morning
    Sean and Susan

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks for continuing to share your story!
    Seriously, you had cruises take your chairs at the beach?
    It happens here too and not just cruisers, locals will just sit in people's chairs if they leave them. One had the nerve last year to take a chair someone left under a palapa (while they went to lunch) down to the water to sit in while the kids played in the water.