This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Aruba Bound

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just catching up on this trip report (just read through all 4 pages) and this has been such a wonderful read while I'm enjoying my morning coffee. I absolutely loved the discussion on Diet Coke (or lack thereof) on the happy island of Aruba. We also love Diet Coke and have noticed over the last year that we couldn't find any at the food markets. We had thought it was due to supply chain issues, related to the pandemic, so I'm saddened to hear that this transition to Coke Zero may be a permanent thing. I may need to save some weight in my luggage and bring a 12 pack of Diet Coke in my luggage. Alternatively, I really liked the suggestion to simply add more rum to my rum and diet cokes, so I don't notice the coke zero!

My husband and I also really enjoy the restaurant, PINCHOS! The sunsets there are just stunning to watch and the improvements they've made at the restaurant (to expand it) have made it even more enjoyable. Thanks for sharing all the details of your experience.
    Bella Ruby - a luxury vacation home for your next tropical adventure in Aruba: www.BellaRubyAruba.com
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SkiChris;386640]I am just catching up on this trip report (just read through all 4 pages) and this has been such a wonderful read while I'm enjoying my morning coffee. I absolutely loved the discussion on Diet Coke (or lack thereof) on the happy island of Aruba. We also love Diet Coke and have noticed over the last year that we couldn't find any at the food markets. We had thought it was due to supply chain issues, related to the pandemic, so I'm saddened to hear that this transition to Coke Zero may be a permanent thing. I may need to save some weight in my luggage and bring a 12 pack of Diet Coke in my luggage. Alternatively, I really liked the suggestion to simply add more rum to my rum and diet cokes, so I don't notice the coke zero!

You have to also realize that Aruba calls the zero calorie coke drink "Diet Coke", so each time we would see it on the menu we would question the server and ask do you really have diet coke or coke zero, and each time they would say Diet Coke, and find out it is not the US version. They don't call it Coke Zero on the island but it is.

Had a great day hanging out by the pool getting to know our pool neighbors. Everyone around the pool have been great to get to know and chat with. We had big plans for dinner, but as it got closer to head out for dinner we decided to be lazy and have pizza so headed to Terraza. But once we got there we found out their catch of the day was barracuda, which we haven't seen in the last couple years, so I had to order. I heard several other customers near our table being thrilled this was the offer for the catch of the day. It did not disappoint - it was wonderful!

PS - As previously posted our taxi driver from the airport and confidently told us Aruba was removing all Covid restrictions as of 2/1 including all masks mandates. We did not count on it but he was very convicing. When we ask the Security staff at LaCabana yesterday when we saw they were all wearing masks, he just laughed and said politicians and cabi's like to talk too much. lol
    0 5

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we love barracuda!!

terrazzo's pizza is fabulous too.

when are you flying home?
    check the weather and your flight status
    ICE and snow tomorrow thru early Saturday
    [QUOTE=oneil1343;386663]
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    I am just catching up on this trip report (just read through all 4 pages) and this has been such a wonderful read while I'm enjoying my morning coffee. I absolutely loved the discussion on Diet Coke (or lack thereof) on the happy island of Aruba. We also love Diet Coke and have noticed over the last year that we couldn't find any at the food markets. We had thought it was due to supply chain issues, related to the pandemic, so I'm saddened to hear that this transition to Coke Zero may be a permanent thing. I may need to save some weight in my luggage and bring a 12 pack of Diet Coke in my luggage. Alternatively, I really liked the suggestion to simply add more rum to my rum and diet cokes, so I don't notice the coke zero!

You have to also realize that Aruba calls the zero calorie coke drink "Diet Coke", so each time we would see it on the menu we would question the server and ask do you really have diet coke or coke zero, and each time they would say Diet Coke, and find out it is not the US version. They don't call it Coke Zero on the island but it is.

Had a great day hanging out by the pool getting to know our pool neighbors. Everyone around the pool have been great to get to know and chat with. We had big plans for dinner, but as it got closer to head out for dinner we decided to be lazy and have pizza so headed to Terraza. But once we got there we found out their catch of the day was barracuda, which we haven't seen in the last couple years, so I had to order. I heard several other customers near our table being thrilled this was the offer for the catch of the day. It did not disappoint - it was wonderful!

PS - As previously posted our taxi driver from the airport and confidently told us Aruba was removing all Covid restrictions as of 2/1 including all masks mandates. We did not count on it but he was very convicing. When we ask the Security staff at LaCabana yesterday when we saw they were all wearing masks, he just laughed and said politicians and cabi's like to talk too much. lol
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 1