This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aruba Trip #19 - March 19th-April 7th

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    lots more lounges and umbrellas on the beach these days.
    more cruise ships coming in, higher census in the resorts, spring break, more places being built and those that sat half finished are now done and occupied.

aruba is thriving, but the quietness of that section of Eagle is going in the opposite direction.

have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by bhoffdhoff View Post
    We spent the day enjoying the beach. So relaxing to just lay on the beach, go in the water to cool off, have a couple of g&t's and enjoy the warm weather. We couldn't believe the number of beach umbrellas this year. What happened to our little beach?

Went to happy hour at The Beach Bar @ Playa Linda then off to Smokey Joe's for dinner. We split an appetizer of bon bon shrimp and half a rack of ribs. They were so good! We were so full! This is by far, our favorite place to eat. Will probably go back at least 3 more times.

We then called it a night. See! I told you it would be boring!

Post Thanks / Like
    Spent the last two days just enjoying the sun and had the same dinner 2 nights in a row. I can't believe I just wrote that, but it's true. Ate both nights at Tulip (at our hotel). We split the escargot and the shrimp in a creamy curry sauce. Best escargot ever!!

I'm sorry! We're just dull!
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    dull is fine!
    you are doing what we all want to be doing.........beaching it by day and delicious food at night.

could you post some photos of the resort?
    if you cannot get them to post, shoot me a message and I will send u my email

have fun
    Spent the last two days just enjoying the sun and had the same dinner 2 nights in a row. I can't believe I just wrote that, but it's true. Ate both nights at Tulip (at our hotel). We split the escargot and the shrimp in a creamy curry sauce. Best escargot ever!!

I'm sorry! We're just dull!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh love, love MVC so I really love your trip report to start off. Sounds like it will be a great trip starting at MVC, Paradise and then the high-rise at the Marriot. Say hello to Christy at the front desk an Kevin at Tulip which I love dinning there. Kevin makes some great mojitos in different flavors. Enjoy!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Spent the last few days just laying in the sun, enjoying the warmth. Some friends from Michigan have been joining us. We enjoyed the fish tacos from T ulip a couple of times, probably the best fish tacos ever! Also we went back to Smokey Joe's. I can't get enough of that place. Yesterday was moving day and we came to Paradise Beach Villas. Our Apartment is fine. Went to town today. Stopped at Iguana Joe's for lunch. We had the shrimp BLT wrap. Really good. Tonight we are doing a sunset sail. In all the years we've been coming here, we've never done one. I hope it's good. Signing out for now.
    0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    The sunset sail was so fun. We had a great time. We were with two other couples, but everyone was friendly. The crew was great as well as the rest of the passengers. We will definitely do this again.

I will try to post some pictures once I get a little more familiar with my new computer.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Who was your sunset sail with?

The sunset sail was so fun. We had a great time. We were with two other couples, but everyone was friendly. The crew was great as well as the rest of the passengers. We will definitely do this again.

I will try to post some pictures once I get a little more familiar with my new computer.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We've eaten at PBV a few times. Love Asi Mi Peru and their ice cream stand. We had dinner at the Tiki Bar the other day-we didn't realize they serve food until a friend told us they go there for meals. We really enjoyed it.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Who was your sunset sail with?
    We went with Red Sail.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Robin. We'll be sure and try them. I think tonight, we are going to the Italian place here.
    0 0