This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aruba Trip #19 - March 19th-April 7th

Post Thanks / Like
    We didn't make it to the Italian place last night as I wasn't feeling well. I don't know if it was too much sun or food from the food truck. I'd like to think it was too much sun. I love the "mix" from the food truck. Today we lounged all day by the pool. I really like it here at Paradise Beach Villas, a nice quiet resort. We had lunch back at the tiki bar, calamari rings coconut shrimp and 2 Amstel Brights. It was very good except those were not calamari rings. Maybe it was some kind of squid ground up in a food processor and formed into rings, but it wasn't your normal calamari. Hopefully, tonight it will be Italian!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Sharing is caring, thanks. I hope you are feeling better. Do you think it was the sun, or really just hoping/praying?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes PBV is always nice and quiet. It was actually the very first resort I ever stayed at on my first visit to Aruba around 30 years ago. Hope you are feeling better!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Sharing is caring, thanks. I hope you are feeling better. Do you think it was the sun, or really just hoping/praying?
    Thank you, 4ever, for your kind thoughts I AM feeling much better. I think it was the sun, but then it COULD have been the alcohol.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Yes PBV is always nice and quiet. It was actually the very first resort I ever stayed at on my first visit to Aruba around 30 years ago. Hope you are feeling better!
    Thank you, Ace, for your kind thoughts. I am feeling much better. So far we really like PBV. It has a nice intimate feel to it.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Last night we ate at Terrazzo Italiano, here at PBV. It was ok. We had the grouper in a creamy lemon caper sauce with shrimp risotto. It was some kind of mushy fish, but not grouper. The risotto was very good.

We spent all day at the beach today. It was nice and relaxing. Some friends joined us for dinner at El Gaucho. It was a wonderful dinner!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh I am so sorry to read that dinner was disappointing.
    did you let them know of your disappointment and that the fish was mushy?

the last time that Paul and I were there, the food was great (we had pasta and I do not remember the protein, maybe chicken parm) but the service was torturously slow.

I am glad that el gaucho was wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by bhoffdhoff View Post
    Last night we ate at Terrazzo Italiano, here at PBV. It was ok. We had the grouper in a creamy lemon caper sauce with shrimp risotto. It was some kind of mushy fish, but not grouper. The risotto was very good.

We spent all day at the beach today. It was nice and relaxing. Some friends joined us for dinner at El Gaucho. It was a wonderful dinner!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ahhhhhhh I recently suffered "the White Russian flu" and it was pretty lousy as I was at home.
    at least you were at the beach!!!!

Thank you, 4ever, for your kind thoughts I AM feeling much better. I think it was the sun, but then it COULD have been the alcohol.

Post Thanks / Like

La Terrazza makes excellent Risotto. Yea I've read bad reviews from patrons who ordered grouper or steak. Probably best to stick to the basic italian dishes like their chicken farm, lasagna or eggplant with pasta.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    oh I am so sorry to read that dinner was disappointing.
    did you let them know of your disappointment and that the fish was mushy?

the last time that Paul and I were there, the food was great (we had pasta and I do not remember the protein, maybe chicken parm) but the service was torturously slow.

I am glad that el gaucho was wonderful.
    We did not complain about "the grouper". The waitstaff was so nice. I just did not want to complain. Ace is right! They do make an excellent risotto. We will probably give them another chance.
    1 0