This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Aruba trip review in a nutshell

  1. #1
    Member almaringola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Aruba trip review in a nutshell

    Hey Everyone , Just got back and posted a long post only to be timed out lol! So this will be brief and to the point . We did not have a problem leaving JFK had everything printed out properly . Jetblue had only 83 passengers on board a 200 seat plane ( my buddy gave me the stats he is a pilot there) Plenty of space and no problems with people being masked up. Flight arrived a half hr early which was awesome . Aruba airport was like old school with checking passports so line grew a bit no self service kiosk. The line after you get your bags grew while my wife bought alcohol in the shop so we waited about 45 min to get checked. They checked our paperwork took our temp then gave me a freedom card! If you need a test they send you to the testing line. Anyway headed to the Costa Linda , got temp checked , hands sprayed and gave them our freedom card and was all set to move in. No matter where you go you get a hand spraying from a security guard and temp taking. I felt safe and didnt worry about covid .My hands are dry as heck but felt safe..lol .. Trip was as beautiful as always , walked the walking /biking trail everyday locals there were doing their thing but respectfully . I had great meals as usual , I tried Twist of flavors and was pleasantly surprised how good the food was. I also ate at Italy in the World. Delicious meal but took 2.5 hrs to eat because everything was made fresh by the chef / owner. I ate inside at 90% off the places. The bugs were biting real bad , I actually never had a problem in 20 years going here but this was not good. I felt safe the whole trip with the covid thing.. I didnt want to come back ,I wanted to stay another week. If anyone has specific questions in box me ill answer them.
    0 4
     

  2. #2
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    5,301
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing your trip. Sounds like you had no problems at all How crowded was it after you left the airport? Is the freedom card something you have to present to the resort when you check in?

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for sharing your "story" with us.

    regarding you losing your first story, next time if you can, type it on a word doc and then copy/paste to the forum.

    "freedom card" is the first that I have heard of it. is it the card that says you are covid negative and have met Aruba's approval?

    "italy of the world" is on our list, but now has dropped off our list as we will not sit for 2.5 hrs.
    twist of flavors is on our list and you reaffirmed our choice!

    a friend who lives on Aruba has been telling us that the mosquitos and other biting flying bugs are brutal.

    I am a mosquito magnet, so I doubt we will be dining outdoors much.

    thank you so much for your story. welcome home.
    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    3,610
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!

  5. #5
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,490
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks.....! Sorry you had to come home!
    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Member almaringola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Thanks for sharing your trip. Sounds like you had no problems at all How crowded was it after you left the airport? Is the freedom card something you have to present to the resort when you check in?
    Yes after they verified our negative test they gave us this card and said we needed to hand in at the resort. As soon as we arrived at Costa Linda they asked for the card. The island is quiet, virtually no traffic up at the high rises. Kinda a wierd vibe from past trips. All the little vendors were open but shut down around ten. By 1045 it was a ghost town.
    0 1
     

  7. #7
    Member almaringola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks for sharing your "story" with us.

    regarding you losing your first story, next time if you can, type it on a word doc and then copy/paste to the forum.

    "freedom card" is the first that I have heard of it. is it the card that says you are covid negative and have met Aruba's approval?

    "italy of the world" is on our list, but now has dropped off our list as we will not sit for 2.5 hrs.
    twist of flavors is on our list and you reaffirmed our choice!

    a friend who lives on Aruba has been telling us that the mosquitos and other biting flying bugs are brutal.

    I am a mosquito magnet, so I doubt we will be dining outdoors much.

    thank you so much for your story. welcome home.
    Your welcome, I just called it freedom card , it showed you past your covid test and was required by resort.
    0 1
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member EDMLS1358's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Thanks for sharing your trip. Sounds like you had no problems at all How crowded was it after you left the airport? Is the freedom card something you have to present to the resort when you check in?
    They give you the card at the airport but the Surf Club did not request to see it(add that to my issues with them)
    0 0
     

  9. #9
    Member almaringola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EDMLS1358 View Post
    They give you the card at the airport but the Surf Club did not request to see it(add that to my issues with them)
    Exactly ! Costa Linda would not let us past the entrance . I actually couldn't find it for a minute.
    0 0
     

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know if they are doing anything about the mosquitoes/biting bugs - like spraying etc? We love dining outside especially in Aruba; it’s part of the charm. It would be disappointing to have to eat inside every night due to bugs. This has never been an issue before. Hope they are addressing it. Thanks.
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •