This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aruba_Ken and Aruba_Michlelle Trip Reoprt - 2/1/2019-2/10/2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Super Trip Report. Thanks for sharing !

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope the foot will be okay for trip home. Ask for assistance from the airlines with a wheelchair if needed. It could be very helpful.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great trip and report! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome trip report. Thanks for sharing. I’ve gotta get to that taco place.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the trip report! Do you get the all inclusive option at Divi Village? If not, how do the drinks work at the AI bars when you are staying at Divi Village? I've heard there are tickets or something you can buy?
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Great trip report Ken, thanks so much for so many details on Divi and Tam. I'm always excited when "my place" Divi AI makes a trip report (lol). I agree I can't imagine liking a 3rd row of papalas on the beach I loved how spread out they were and not overcorwded like some resorts. I enjoyed your reports on the birds I love bird watching in Aruba but sadly can't put a picture to the names of the ones you mention. We saw less and less ignuans last year it is so weird one year there are tons and other years you are lucky to see any, staff can never seem to answer why this is. Bunker Bar is always a fun place for sunsets, it has been a couple years since we went there on our to do list for sure in 2019.

Glad you had a great time and thanks for taking the time to report.

0 1

Divi Village, Druif Beach, Bunker Bar, Pelican Bar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi mvosilla,

When Michelle first took me to Aruba in 2008, it was all inclusive, in fact we were at Divi AI and not Divi Village. 10 trips later, we have never again opted for the all inclusive option - there is simply too much good food and great restaurants on the island. The other reason we don't opt for all inclusive is that eating out 3 times a day every day gets tiring pretty quickly, at least for us. We prefer to eat in for breakfast (coffee, yogurt) and lunch (sandwiches, pineapple), and that leaves us excited and raring to go out for dinner.

Anyone can drink at the Bunker Bar at Tam, just need to buy drink tickets from the Tam front desk in the lobby. $7.50 for mixed drink tickets and $5.00 for beer/wine tickets, prices haven't changed in over 10 years. Same for Pelican Bar at the Divi AI side, buy drink tickets at the Divi AI front desk in the lobby. The tickets are dated and good for the day only, so if you buy them, use 'em or lose 'em!!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Aruba wildlife pics (no we, didn't take these pics except for the first one of the chibi chibi from 2008 at Pelican Bar, they're otherwise off the internet):

- chibi chibi (bananaquit), likes sugary alcoholic drinks at the bar
    - troupial
    - brown pelican
    - royal tern (often diving for small fish off shore)
    - magnificent frigatebird (often flying on the shore much higher than the terns and pelicans)

Michelle has some trip photos on her iPhone (she has the latest one with the good camera), when I get the pics I will post some trip photos.

Aruba_Ken and Aruba_Michlelle Trip Reoprt - 2/1/2019-2/10/2019-aruba2008_happywildlife-jpgAruba_Ken and Aruba_Michlelle Trip Reoprt - 2/1/2019-2/10/2019-troupial-jpgAruba_Ken and Aruba_Michlelle Trip Reoprt - 2/1/2019-2/10/2019-brown-pelican-jpgAruba_Ken and Aruba_Michlelle Trip Reoprt - 2/1/2019-2/10/2019-royal-tern-jpgAruba_Ken and Aruba_Michlelle Trip Reoprt - 2/1/2019-2/10/2019-magnificent-frigatebird-jpg
    Last edited by Aruba_Ken; 02-12-2019 at 07:29 PM.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    - tropical mockingbird
    - Aruban whiptail
    - iguana
    - whimbrel

Aruba_Ken and Aruba_Michlelle Trip Reoprt - 2/1/2019-2/10/2019-tropical-mockingbird-jpgAruba_Ken and Aruba_Michlelle Trip Reoprt - 2/1/2019-2/10/2019-aruban-whiptail-jpgAruba_Ken and Aruba_Michlelle Trip Reoprt - 2/1/2019-2/10/2019-iguana-jpgAruba_Ken and Aruba_Michlelle Trip Reoprt - 2/1/2019-2/10/2019-whimbrel-jpg
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pictures with the names of the birdies, my favorites are always the chibi chibi (bananaquit), likes sugary alcoholic drinks at the bar
    - troupial (so pretty with the bright orange). Always amazed how the chibi's can fly after drinking so much alcohol with their small size

0 1