This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian & Ann’s return to Aruba - 3/28/21

Post Thanks / Like

Brian & Ann’s return to Aruba - 3/28/21

Hi all,
    I thought I would start our trip report a week early...partly due to the advance prep now required to travel to Aruba and partly as an optimistic outlook that we finally ARE going and will be there next Sunday!

This will be our first visit in 20 months and we can’t wait to get back.

We are traveling with our good friends (who are also upstairs neighbors at our beach condo at the Jersey shore) Cheryl & Brian, and their 15 year old son Jack who will be on school break during the week we will be there leading up to Easter. We are staying at the Marriott Aruba Surf Club in a 3 bedroom villa that we were able to grab thru Red Week. We almost always stay at the Surf Club using our Marriott Vacation club weeks or points to book our villa, but no availability this time (high demand to return to Aruba?).

My wife Ann is a nurse and is working part time a couple of days a week at a local hospital’s vaccine site administering vaccinations.
    Our friend, Brian (or Dr. B as we all refer to him so we don’t get he and I confused ������) works at a large medical center in NJ and is tested frequently. Our decision to travel on this trip knowing the risks and concerns and additional Aruba COVID protocols implemented (thanks in part to this forum and reports of many of you there now) has been made with full knowledge and medical evaluation. We really feel fine about visiting Aruba.

Our week of preparation includes booking appointments for our Covid PCR tests for this Thursday AM. Fortunately, all the adults have been vaccinated and are beyond the 2 week post 2nd shot dates. In fact we were tested for anti bodies a couple of weeks ago and we were positive for those...so the vaccine appears to be doing what it is supposed to!

We are making sure our Aruba ED link is working so that we can complete that later this week.

We purchased separate travel insurance for this trip, primarily for medical expense and evacuation coverage in case we get sick. I know the Aruba insurance does cover us for medical there, but we got a very inexpensive additional policy.

We are assembling our grocery list for Aruba groceries to go, to have them delivered to the Surf Club upon our arrival. This is an easy way to eliminate a trip to the grocery store.

We will be renting a car this trip, which will eliminate the need for taking taxis.

We have made restaurant reservations for several nights at outdoor locations. All have confirmed that the “up to 6 tourists staying together” at a table is fine.

We are intending to spend most of our vacation time at the Surf Club beach or visiting a couple of other beaches (is Baby beach open or is there construction / renovations going on there?). Nothing too exciting, just relaxing and enjoying a long needed vacation for all. Are there any restrictions on the catamaran tours or are they running as normal. We may try to do one of those, but I don’t think using the provided snorkels will be part of this visit ������.

I will provide updates later this week and as we embark and arrive in Aruba.
    Thanks for all of the great current up-to-date info you’ve all provided here. It has made planning our trip much easier!

Stay Safe,

Brian
    Last edited by Pop-pop Brian; 03-21-2021 at 12:10 PM.
    Brian

1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a safe trip!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    When we were there a few months ago, Baby Beach was open and I don't recall any major construction going on. Palapas at Surf Club were first come and free when we were there. Have fun!

1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    there is/was some road work improvements and repair work being done.
    near the tennis courts I believe. i read about it online, maybe on Bati Bleki.
    May 6 - 20, 2021 https://photos.app.goo.gl/uPe2KC3P7bqhnpMT8 AIDTM

THINK........ is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Baby Beach is open but they are working on a road going in so there is a small detour. Forgot that the water is not warm in March. They are doing some roadwork on the highway going south.
    2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a great time!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I arrive the same day! Have a safe trip there and enjoy every minute on our favorite happy island!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We went for Covid tests this AM. They offered both the Rapid Antigen and the PCR test along with the antibodies test.
    We did all three.
    Got the Rapid antigen test back in an hour, which was Negative.
    Got the antibodies test back, which was positive.

Just keeping our fingers crossed that the PCR comes back Negative by Saturday AM as promised.
    Reservations made for Flying Fishbone for the last night of our trip. Getting very excited to finally take vacation and get back to ARUBA!
    Brian

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    You are almost there! Can't wait to hear your story.
    Trip 32 begins on July 15.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We’re here! Everything went very smoothly! Fastest flight ever to Aruba from Newark, under 4 hours (less air traffic more direct routes?).

- Out of the airport in 15 minutes after landing including stop at Duffy for alcohol.

Hertz car rental right across the street. Slightly smaller car than reserved but they adjusted the price immediately

- arrived at a surf club and our room was ready for check in at 11:40.
    in our room 1hr and 15 min after landing!
    Amazing!

everyone here is so nice and appreciative of our visiting.

i will write more later about our Covid test issue which turned out not to be an issue at all.

off to Captains Galley for lunch.
    Brian

1 1